WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks for all of the great thoughts!

iPod Touch:
    We didn't make it available for the iPod for the reasons the others mentioned, no GPS. Would you be interested in a "light" version that doesn't include GPS? It would be for iPods only.

GPS Update Rate:
    We ping the GPS that quick, but only update the screen when you've moved 50'. It adjusts as you walk, but will be at 5 times a second when you first start it.

"I Agree" Button:
    Great point, that does sound pretty annoying. We'll see what we can do to eliminate that.

Multiple Sections/Apps:
    The original plan was to develop one app that allowed you to buy the sections you want from inside of it, but the iPhone 3G wasn't powerful enough to handle an app with the data from more than 1 section loaded at a time. The plan is to make a version that will work with all of the data. I'll boost the priority on that one. We also want to sell a package deal, but iTunes doesn't allow it unfortunately....

I've got an idea! (Moderators please remove if this is not allowed)
    Any Whiteblaze.net member who buys 12 sections will get the remaining 4 FREE. That will be $24 for all 16 instead of $32. To accomplish this, we're going to have to send you a download code for the remaining sections. Send me a PM if you are interested and I'll tell you what you need to do. We are limited to 50 free downloads per version so this offer might go quick...

One more thing... If you've tried the app, we would really appreciate you add feedback on iTunes (good or bad!)

Quote Originally Posted by trailmapmagic View Post
    Any Whiteblaze.net member who buys 12 sections will get the remaining 4 FREE. That will be $24 for all 16 instead of $32. To accomplish this, we're going to have to send you a download code for the remaining sections. Send me a PM if you are interested and I'll tell you what you need to do. We are limited to 50 free downloads per version so this offer might go quick...
    I think this is getting there. I don't know how big your market is, but in my opinion (which is practically worthless) it might be advantageous to shoot for volume instead of selling a few at a higher price. You get a bigger user base it'll start feeding itself. People might want to buy an iphone so they can use your app on the trail! But maybe you're getting tons of users already, i don't know. What I'm getting at is that it just seems a little expensive...

Selling 5 sets for $8 each is still more than selling 1 at 32. And you end up with a larger user base. Get your users addicted. I am nowhere near the AT or I would probably at least get one of the sections as a trial.
    Sardis Thru-Hiker Club - A 6.73 miler.

Default light version

I would be interested in a light version for the ipod touch.

Jolly Rancher NOBO '09 Harley&Me's Avatar

This is pretty awesome. I'll probably download the NY section when I get my iphone this week. Are you thinking about doing a PCT or CDT version?

Sorry everyone, I forgot to check back in for this long to see new posts. Yes we are planning to add the PCT and CDT. We're completely revamping the interface as we speak to make it just a single application rather than multiple sections/apps.

Keep checking our website for updates and sneak peak shots of the new app when they are made public.

We're completely revamping the interface as we speak to make it just a single application rather than multiple sections/apps.
    This is a great decision.
    Sardis Thru-Hiker Club - A 6.73 miler.

Images

I use the iphone app myself, along with "around me" app i find i use the phone at roads and towns over my guide which i still carry just in case. Keep the updates coming, its a great app!

Images

Default Droid!

Sorry everyone, I forgot to check back in for this long to see new posts. Yes we are planning to add the PCT and CDT. We're completely revamping the interface as we speak to make it just a single application rather than multiple sections/apps.

Keep checking our website for updates and sneak peak shots of the new app when they are made public.
    How soon will you have it for Android? Per Newsweek cover story last week, more 'droid phones are selling than iPhones now. Got mine nine days ago and am in an app-loading frenzy. Would love to have this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    How soon will you have it for Android? Per Newsweek cover story last week, more 'droid phones are selling than iPhones now. Got mine nine days ago and am in an app-loading frenzy. Would love to have this, too.
    I second the 'droid' request. I still have another year on my contract (Verizon) after which I may or may not switch - no problems with my current phone.
    d29754e6-c280-4671-99ee-6ba676dd1803
    www.postholer.com/Turtle Feet
    Follow me as I crawl the A.T.
    Life is an adventure or nothing at all ~ Hellen Keller

AT 2012

and third the droid request!
    Lazarus

GA-ME 2011
    Images

The description of Section 9 has Raven Rock Shelter located in PA, it is actually located in MD.

Backing Back into Backpacking
    Images

Thanks for all of the great thoughts!

Are you still willing to let us use this offer? I got the iPhone, and you app is one of the first things I am interested in
    The key to success in achieving a goal is focusing not on how far you have to go, but rather how far you have come.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Phil 4:13

Howdie everyone. Sorry we've been away for so long. Android folks, sorry, but we are still in the design phase for Android.

For you iPhone users, we would be happy to offer the discount for buying all of the sections again for a short period of time. We'll open the offer up from today (8/11) until the end of the month. Just send us your receipt for the 12 sections you purchased and we'll send you codes to download the other 4.

A bit of news.... We now support the iPod Touch! Jump over to the appstore now and check it out.

Does this app have information on re-supply areas, hostels, and other hiker services along the trail? My favorite/most crucial part of the AT Guide book is that I has those little town maps and descriptions on key places.

Hi CaptainNemo. At the moment, no it doesn't have that information. We would love to include that information in future versions of the application, but for the moment, our data is limited to the trail itself.

Backing Back into Backpacking
    Images

I got the whole package deal. The guys at trailmapmagic were great to work with and very responsive to my questions! Now I just got to get back out on the trail to try it out!
    The key to success in achieving a goal is focusing not on how far you have to go, but rather how far you have come.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Phil 4:13

Flip flop, flip flopping' LASHin' 2000 miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Sure wish I could load this to my Droid ...
    L Dog
    AT 2000 Miler
    The Laughing Dog Blog
    https://lighterpack.com/r/38fgjt
    "The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Rick500 View Post
    This link, http://www.trailmagic.com nor a google search link provide access to your web site ? What's up with that ??

Quote Originally Posted by 7turns View Post
    This link, http://www.trailmagic.com nor a google search link provide access to your web site ? What's up with that ??
    Ooops...that should have read http://www.trailmapmagic.com but still no luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++