WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default NOBO Starting in Late June

I am planning to hike the Long Trail this Summer. I am planning on leaving the last week in June, and returning by July 23rd or before. Should give me ample time for this adventure. I have no qualms about hiking alone (been there, done that, prefer that) and I have done multiple days before, but not anything of this length. Also, in the process of reading LiteShoe’s book “The Ordinary Adventurer” (a must read!), and it made me realize that it probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to have a hiking partner.

So, if there is anyone who would be interested in sharing this adventure with me, or parts thereof, let me know. I can share more of my planning for those with an interest.

Wandering Soul

I have a tentative start date of Sept 1, so I can't go though I would love to jump in to Stratton and Little Rock ponds. I've completed it in sections, but would love to have an excuse to be out for more than just two weeks at a time.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Telling us that you prefer to hike alone is an odd way of asking for a hiking partner.
    Roland

::Hey man, there's some beer in the chest over there.

Awesome, thanks.

::If you take one I'll kill you.
    "Do you believe in an afterlife?" the gunslinger asked him as Brown dropped three ears of hot corn onto his plate.

Brown nodded. "I think this is it."

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Telling us that you prefer to hike alone is an odd way of asking for a hiking partner.
    You do have to appease the family everyone once in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gamtns2000 View Post
    You do have to appease the family everyone once in a while!
    If your reason for a hiking partner is to assuage the fears of those who worry about you, you can assure them that during summer months, hikers crawl like ants, over northern New England. You will find plenty of company.

Enjoy your hike.
    Roland

++ New Posts ++