WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The perpetual thru-hiker!
    Images

I've section hiked the southern third of the Trail, primarily in winter and almost always solo. It's nearly impossible to find someone who hikes the same speed as yourself, finds the same views worth slowing down for, likes the same brand of whiskey, wants to take a "zero" or "nero" day sometimes, wants to hike late into the evening or go naked night hiking (weather permitting), etc. Being somewhat schizophrenic, I make pretty good company for myself.

I'm worth a million in prizes astrogirl's Avatar
    Images

I've done almost all of my 1,500 section miles solo, most of them in early May and late April (except New England - I've been doing that in the fall, and that's where my remaining miles are).
    -----------------------------------------------
    obstacles are found everywhere, and in taking them, we nourish ourselves.
    http://astrogirl.com/blog/Backpacking

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

I love to hike alone, even when I'm hiking a section with others. To me, there's nothing worse than trying to hold a conversation while walking, or walking nose-to-butt. I'm comfortable being by myself for long periods of time, but it is kind of nice to share a meal or a view with a friend.
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

I hike alone exclusively, and I run into many other hikers who are hiking alone also, both men and women.

I am looking forward to my first ever section hike - and I'm doing it alone. Days I'm not worried about - I just hope I don't come screaming out of the woods the first night.
    "...the United States came into existence as a nation; and, if their citizens should not be completely free and happy, the fault will be entirely their own." - George Washington

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++