WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Poor moose

Quote Originally Posted by anotherbassman

As for the moose, I think they shoudl have spent less time worrying abotu the meat, and more time worrying about the moose. Regardless, this just reiterates the fact that mooses are, pound for pound, one of the stupidest animals on earth.
    I thought turkey is the most stupidest living being on face of Earth?

Flash Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Hand
    I thought turkey is the most stupidest living being on face of Earth?

Flash Hand
    No, that would be the Human. Very few creatures foul their own nests and no other creature would ever knowingly manufacture plutonium. Other species have wars, but none to the awful perfection level that humans have achieved. Other species have attempted genocide on other creatures, however, humans are far more effective. Even extinguishing those that are directly beneficial to the continued survival of the race. Some creatures might not get out of the way of their own distruction, however, no other species willingly participates.

Oh brother. Mr. Happiness has spoken.

:banana

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf
    Oh brother. Mr. Happiness has spoken.
    Correct again, extinction breath.

Default Moose is good food

Too bad for the Moose, but there is a hunting season on Moose in Alaska, so might as well eat that moose and shoot one less during hunting season.

Just common sense.

Long Trail '04
    Images

Unbelievable moose story. But where did you get this one? Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of PETA, but you seem to have an unending file of extreme right wing website links..

I bet that moose was delish!!!
    Yes, I'm a carnivore an proud of it! The anatomy of human eye and ear placement makes us meat eaters. PETA people should get over it, it's biological.

Default Moose on a wire

Huh....Let's see.
    The moose is alive. But lets kill it anyways, because if it happens to die while we try to save it, we won't be able to eat it! Nice! F!*#ing idiots. Sounds like somebody just wanted an antler trophy.
    Yea, we're having rosted moose for dinner!

Default BBQ Moose

Then again, i don't know anything about what stress does to a moose. Maybe it was the right thing to do. Who knows. I'm just in a bad mood today, so f!*# them anyways!
    Please pass the BBQ sauce!

Images

I am not a wildlife biologist but I think if readers talk to one they will find that the mortality rate on moose as well as deer and caribou is quite high when the animal is tranquilized. The process itself of tranquiling is stressful. Some may even consider the mortality rate as unacceptably high. These are animals that have not been hung from a transmission line.

Tranquilized bears seem to fare a lot better. Each winter bear studies are done in Maine to check for popultion levels and health and the mortality rate for these animals is low or non-existant.

Some years back caribou were re-introduced to Katahdin. Some were lost in transport. I don't know if they were sedated before traveling but these animals are normally high strung anyway. The re-introduction was a failure, altough not necessarily because of the transport issue.

I would be willing to bet that the moose would have died no matter what was done to save it.

Default I must be on the wrong website...

WHAT is this stuff doing on a site for "A Community of Appalachian Trail Enthusiasts" ?????

It's an OFF TOPIC forum maybe?

Default I guess I spoke too soon...

It's an OFF TOPIC forum maybe?
    I appologize. I didn't read the "OFF TOPIC" rules. I thought "Off Topic" was talking about hiking on trails other than the AT. I'll butt out now.

Just Passin' Thru.... Kozmic Zian's Avatar
    Images

Yea....object not found!KZ@
    Kozmic Zian@ :cool: ' My father considered a walk in the woods as equivalent to churchgoing'. ALDOUS HUXLEY

Hey Sprocket. I live in Kansas. I'm not from Kansas :-) I think mesquite would be preferable to apple. Perhaps one part hickory to 3 parts mesquite? I think a syringe of Jack Daniels and molasas would do the trick.MMMMMM....... Proud member of PETA

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

tideblazer
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SavageLlama
    Unbelievable moose story. But where did you get this one? Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of PETA, but you seem to have an unending file of extreme right wing website links..
    Formulating your own thoughts is a lot of work for some people.
    www.ridge2reef.org -Organic Tropical Farm, Farm Stays, Group Retreats.... Trail life in the Caribbean

Did you ever think of kissing my a** Wookster?

tideblazer
    Images

no. lol
    www.ridge2reef.org -Organic Tropical Farm, Farm Stays, Group Retreats.... Trail life in the Caribbean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++