WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

correct. bigfoot kills. but only itself. so they arent captured old and weak to give up secrets. like an old woman who sleeps in the snow against a tree far from her home to save her people the burden of her old ages weakness. this , and stepping on stuff, are their only kills. so, in effect, as far as were concerned for this discussion , they kill alot less than most. almost gandi like non killing. lol.

Baron
    Images

Bigfoot doesn't exist.
    ‎"You know your camping trip really isn't going well when you find yourself hoping to stave off sepsis with a six-pack of Icehouse. "

"Age is not an accomplishment, and youth is not a sin."

I don't like to get in the "is bigfoot real..." discussions, because I've got nothing new to add. And I agree with the skeptics that not finding a carcass of a given animal in the woods is not a good analogy and really doesn't have any merit in this topic.

However, on the issue of fossil remains there are almost no remains of gigantopithecus and the remains (molars) were found by accident in a traditional Chinese medical shop. Makes you wonder how many animals we just don't know about. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus

I understand the arguements against a large ape living undiscovered and personnally I can't argue against that reasoning, it just seems to be an overwhelming common-sense fact.

However, it's hard to ignore the evidence around the world. This is where people group this phenomenon with other things like Dracula, werewolves, etc... I personally see some important distinctions, but I don't like to argue it because it's all been aired before.

Not saying that bigfoot exists, but something is happening that really should be taken seriously. I have a hard time accepting the conventional wisdom of us "wanting (as if it's a need) to find a human-like creature..."

This reminds me of a quote by the historian John Keay, not a direct quote:
    Myth is the Smoke of History. You may have to fan at it a good deal before you get a glimpse of the flame beneath; but when you see smoke, it is wisest not to pretend that it isn’t there.

There's a lot of smoke out there.

bigfoot is as mans good side. its there, but really shy.its seen but only glimpsis. its smelled and heard and hair and prints may bee seen but it aint easy to understand. we are mostly evil. as bigfoot is mostly good, the two repell. biggys seen us fight the civil war and watched vietnam and korea and world wars. they know not to hope for us. they see souls. and ours is dead.they see us leave our own to die. and they see crime in the wilds. mafia slayings and rapes. and they can understand much more than us. they simply see us as a live wire too dangerous to be near. and they are born sad for us and weary.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    I hope I never run into a bigfoot on the trail. I believe that might end my hiking career.

Jeez, it's bad enough to think about a bear outside your tent...
    What makes you think Big Foot is dangerous? Is there any evidence that it has ever harmed anyone?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    What makes you think Big Foot is dangerous? Is there any evidence that it has ever harmed anyone?
    I see her at the local Walmart once in awhile.

I bet she cleans up good.

Fine lookin' Mainiac.

Images

I think I've seen her there, too, Mudhead.
    Greg P.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    bigfoot is as mans good side. its there, but really shy.its seen but only glimpsis. its smelled and heard and hair and prints may bee seen but it aint easy to understand. we are mostly evil. as bigfoot is mostly good, the two repell. biggys seen us fight the civil war and watched vietnam and korea and world wars. they know not to hope for us. they see souls. and ours is dead.they see us leave our own to die. and they see crime in the wilds. mafia slayings and rapes. and they can understand much more than us. they simply see us as a live wire too dangerous to be near. and they are born sad for us and weary.
    I think Mathroughski is closer than everyone thinks. My son has seen BF and I've seen his footprints. We theorize that as Cro-magnon and Homo Sapiens began to branch apart, the Homos became very good at hunting and the Crows became very good at hiding.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    Maybe this should be in trail humor but here is my bigfoot story and I swear it on my Mother's grave. Weary you and others can check it out on the bigfoot website under PA bigfoot sightings. A few years back I went up to my cabin on a Friday night after work. The cabin is located approximately one mile West of R.B. Winter State Park just off Route 192. It had snowed approximately three inches during the Saturday early morning hours but had stopped just before dawn. I figured great, fresh snow, this is the time to head out on a hike and see just what type of critters are hanging out in the area. As I recall it was a wet heavy snow and the morning very windy and chilly but the sky was bright and clear. Now I stand about 6' and weigh in at about 285 last I checked. For my hike, I dressed in black nylon wind pants, a black fleece and rain jacket, wearing a black Seirus ninja style balaclava, the kind with the drop down facemask, and black fleece gloves. What can I say I've been hanging out with B-Jack too long and besides I heard dressing in all black makes you look slimmer, yea fat chance. Anyway you probably already see where I'm going with this story. I walked down the road from our cabin to Route 192. Just as I was about to cross over to Yankee Run Trail I heard and then saw a car approaching on192 about a quarter of a mile away, coming from the direction of the park. I figured what the heck, in my best bigfoot 'impression and gait' with arms swinging I started across pausing in the middle just long enough to look back, eyes only thing showing, towards the approaching car, which was now about 300 yards away. I leaped over the guardrail in one quick bound (don't ask) and hid just far enough inside the woods to see them stop and stare towards where I had just disappeared. I'm assuming they were 'pondering' what they had just seen. I laughed like hell the first half of that hike just thinking about it. Unknown to me during the early part of that hike a 'big' payback was in order.
    With the sun now well up, the temperature began climbing much faster than I as I past through a stand of pines. The snow was beginning to melting quickly and sounded like a hard rain falling in the woods. With the wind still blowing strong, heavy snow clumps fell on me indiscriminately from the limbs above. I remember thinking and laughing to myself, it’s as if there are monkey’s in the trees pelting me with snowballs. As I continued climbing Yankee Run trail I soon passed the Mid-State trail and a short time later the mountain summit at its intersection with Falling Timber trail. I decided this was a good place to take a break and have a snack. I placed my poles together on an angle in middle of both trails, took off, and placed my black rain jacket over them to dry in the sun. I walked a few step off Fallen Timber trail, dropped my daypack, and retrieved a small snickers bar from it. As I consumed it I noticed my breath was being carried due West, odd I thought, considering the wind usually blows Southeast. Anyway, I went back for seconds in the way of a Slim Jim beef stick. I took a few bites of it, stepped back into Falling Timber Trail and kneeled on one knee beside my poles and rain wind jacket. I was looking due East toward R.B. Winter Park, seeing nothing of interest in that direction I stood up and turned in the other and to my surprise saw the largest black bear I have ever seen.., and I’ve seen some big ones. I knew that even from that distance he had to be close to 700+pounds. He looked like a black VW Beetle in the middle of the trail. For those of you who have seen the mounted one at the Cabela’s in Hamburg PA, he was that big. He was about seventy yards away walking down Falling Timber trail straight towards me. I figured he must be near sighted or maybe he thought my black jacket hanging low in the middle of the trail was another bear feeding, who knows. In any case, I wasted little time grabbing my hiking poles, waving them in the air, all the while shouting at him. He stopped for a few seconds looked up as if he did not know what to make of me then casually jumped into a laurel thicket not more than fifty yards from me. I stood my ground and continued hollering for minute or so longer. I was hoping.., no praying, that when I stopped he would be heading in another direction. I didn’t hear or see him again so I guess he did and quickly so did I.., back to the cabin to change my shorts, for I had seen my bigfoot.

You're best bet to avoid bigfoot is to hike on the weekends ... I heard he's big into fantasy football and never misses a game on DirecTV.
    Adayak - 100% organic outdoor apparel

Quote Originally Posted by john gault View Post
    I don't like to get in the "is bigfoot real..." discussions, because I've got nothing new to add. And I agree with the skeptics that not finding a carcass of a given animal in the woods is not a good analogy and really doesn't have any merit in this topic.

However, on the issue of fossil remains there are almost no remains of gigantopithecus and the remains (molars) were found by accident in a traditional Chinese medical shop. Makes you wonder how many animals we just don't know about. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus

I understand the arguements against a large ape living undiscovered and personnally I can't argue against that reasoning, it just seems to be an overwhelming common-sense fact.

However, it's hard to ignore the evidence around the world. This is where people group this phenomenon with other things like Dracula, werewolves, etc... I personally see some important distinctions, but I don't like to argue it because it's all been aired before.

Not saying that bigfoot exists, but something is happening that really should be taken seriously. I have a hard time accepting the conventional wisdom of us "wanting (as if it's a need) to find a human-like creature..."

This reminds me of a quote by the historian John Keay, not a direct quote:
    Myth is the Smoke of History. You may have to fan at it a good deal before you get a glimpse of the flame beneath; but when you see smoke, it is wisest not to pretend that it isn’t there.

There's a lot of smoke out there.

Well said.

"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside. Run, he's fuzzy, get out of here." - Mitch Hedberg
    No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength.

No, it's not the camera, he's just blurry!

I often go on the BFRO.NET website looking for experiences hikers may have had with bigfoot sightings. I feel there should be more cooperation regarding sightings on this forum. Don't believe they exist? Then don't bother us with your trolling. Count me in as someone who is genuinely interested.

We don't need trolls like you cluttering a valid interest.

Prove it. There is positively no proof they don't exist.

I believe in the possibility they may exist, but I hope we never find one - what would we do, kill & autopsy him, put him on display in a zoo, or what? It wouldn't be good for the Bigfoot, that's for sure.

Images

Who's a troll?

Images

Pic of BigFoot (Bardin Booger) on FT.

booger.jpg

Images

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
++ New Posts ++