WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Ironmaster's Yard Sale this weekend

Ironmaster's is closing in just a few days. AYH is packing things up for good and selling off items that cannot be used at other hostels. Info below:
    ----------------

Iron Master's Mansion Youth Hostel in Pine Grove Furnace State Park

1212 Pine Grove Road, Gardners, PA 17324

Saturday, May 1 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM & Sunday, May 2 from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM

Hot Hot - Great Items and Great Fun! Free Ice Tea and Lots of Freebies - Just Take it Away!

All Proceeds Benefit American Youth Hostels, Inc., A Non Profit 501 (C) 3 Educational Organization.

For Sale:

Vulcan Gas Range - 6 Burner Commercial Grade

2 Refrigerators - Less than 3 Years Old

Vintage Coca Cola Soda Vending Machine /Cans or Bottles

Hot Tub with Cover - Motor needs repair

2 Dryers

Electric Stove

Ceiling Fans

Chair & Table Set

Foam Mattresses Great for Camping

Book Cases

Dishes & Kitchen Wares

Kitchen Counter top Appliances

Lamps

Desk and Computer Desk

Over 500 Books & Paperbacks

Christmas Ornaments, Lights and Decorations (Some Vintage Items)

Lots of Knick-Knacks & Curios

Images

Really sad ending of a great hostel.

After reading the list it makes me wonder if another "downsized" hostel is really in the cards for the future of Pine Grove Furnace.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Really sad ending of a great hostel.

After reading the list it makes me wonder if another "downsized" hostel is really in the cards for the future of Pine Grove Furnace.
    Agreed. I'll be hiking the A.T. South of there this weekend; maybe I will stop by...
    Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform

Default Yard Sale At Iron Master's

I'm wondering how the big yard sale at the Ironmaster's went this weekend? My main concern is what is going to happen to the two fine hostel managers? Do they have anything lined up? Can anyone give updates on what they've heard so far about what's going to happen to the building itself? I have a sneaky suspicion that given the state of the economy and other problems in flux that the hostel will be boarded up and sit unused for many years.

I got an email from AYH yesterday saying that they were pleased with the first day of the sale. Sounds like they had some big items left for the Sunday sale, but I don't know how that went. Last I heard, through the AYH chapter director who oversaw the Ironmaster's, there were negotiations with the PA Conservancy to take it over as an education center/office with a smaller hostel still available and open for business next year. Some interior painting has been done recently, so perhaps things will move along. In one of the emails I received, it was mentioned that Ray would stay on as caretaker through the renovations. Whether or not a lease was signed with the Commonwealth of PA, I don't know.

++ New Posts ++