Hello, I am designing an Appalachian Trail shelter/information center for my thesis project. A few months ago I posted a topic asking the community what they thought of my idea. Thanks to your feedback I created the final concept and would like to show it to the forum for some final ideas/ feedback.

Below are a few images and explanations of the idea. The shelter would be a self sustainable structure. Inside the shelter there are fold out sleeping boards and a large screen divided into 3 sections.

Each section has a different function: Connect, Alert, and Inform

You can connect with fellow hikers via the interactive leaderboard.
The center panel will have live updates about trail conditions and emergency information if needed.
The third panel will be an information resource that will help new hikers learn about the trail.

The shelter uses photovoltaic cells and wind belt generators to create it's own powersource. All of the materials will be as eco-friendly as possible and use responsibly manufactured products.

Please let me know what you think, and I will post more information if requested. Also for the hikers in New Jersey, this will be on display at the Montclair State University Art & Design Senior Show starting on May 15.

Thank you.

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/4f62...b784f822f1ac9/