WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hike smarter, not harder.

Hopefully after almost 2 years the OP found a pack. And GG has a great deal on some Mariposa Plus seconds right now, if they're not gone already.
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

Images

I like my ULA OHM its about a pound, has no lid, and had a frame.
    "you cant grow old if you never grow up" ~TUswm

Not committing until I graduate! Sassafras Lass's Avatar
    Images

LOVE my ULA Circuit, wouldn't trade it for the world. That being said it's probably on the larger/heavier end of what you're looking for, so check out the ULA Ohm, Ohm 2.0, and the CDT. Made in America - support our economy! Plus if you ask nicely he still may have the Colors available, and you can chat with him about any customizations that you'd like.
    Formerly 'F-Stop'

If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.

~ Dolly Parton

Got a Catalyst and Ohm 2.0. Support American craftsmen! Oh, yeah, and a Gossamer Gear Minimalist daypack! Support Texan craftsmen!
    Last edited by swjohnsey; 01-31-2012 at 12:41.

Check out the Mountain Laurel Designs backpacks. I have a Exodus pack that I really like. http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com...roducts_id=103

Hike smarter, not harder.

How could a guy from Austin not use Gossamer Gear?
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

Looks like they've got some nice stuff at Gossamer Gear. But I don't believe there is a store or anything in Austin. We've got 3 REIs, but I still prefer to do my research and buy online.

What about the other GG (Granite Gear)?

Just three or four years ago it seemed like everyone (nearly) thruhiking the AT had one on.

http://www.granitegearstore.com/Multi-Day-Packs-C7.aspx

Their home page states that one of their sewers (sounds strange, but I assume that is what you call a man who sews - certainly not seamstress ), a long time repair associate has recently passed away . Some of you may know him. Click on the link to the home page for details.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Well, didn't expect this thread to keep going after 2 years. It's been forever since I logged in.

Just wanted to say, I think I finally discovered a pack I like, the Deuter Futura Pro 42. At first I was thinking 42 liters was too much, but then I looked back at the Gregory pack I thru hiked with and turns out it was 71 liters...I needed the space, though, because a lot of my gear back then was bulky. Now that I've upgraded some stuff, I don't need as much space. I like how the back of the lid on the Deuter packs are sewn directly in. Really helps the pack keep its form when it's not totally full. The compression straps on the sides help out with this too. If I ever get some time off work maybe I'll get to take her out for a test-hike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++