WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Aldha hiker reception

ALDHA HIKER RECEPTION ~~ FRIDAY MAY 14 at ROCK SCHOOL - 11AM UNTIL ! ! !

ALL WELCOME ( thru-hikers, section hikers, weekend hikers, friends & supporters of hikers, & dreamers of hiking ) ~~WELCOME to the Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association (ALDHA) Hiker Reception !

time: Friday, May 14, 11AM thru 12 noon but we will not run you out, in fact, we encourage you to stay on through "Otto's" presentation "ALL ABOUT ALDHA" in which will be shown the "25th. Anniversary of ALDHA's Gathering" DVD . This is our hiker reception ~~our chance to gather INSIDE, for a change, to enjoy a social hour of camaraderie with refreshments and a few other activities of interest to the hiker community.
    The A.T. Museum will have a special table with access to the digital pics of thru-hikers taken over the years at ATC Headquarters and opportunities to sign-up to participate in many up-coming Museum events. Of course, ALDHA will have a table for membership sign-up and info.

location: Rock School House in Damascus during Trail Days Festival

ALDHA members ~~this is our ALDHA reception, help to make it an even bigger success by your volunteer work, food snack donations, and/or cash donations. All volunteers should show up at the Rock School at 9:30 Fri. May 14 ~~ALL SNACK DONATIONS should be delivered to the ladies at 10AM at the Rock School ~~all cash donation may go into the "KITTY" jar on the refreshment table or be given as check made out to "ALDHA" and handed to me, Red Wolf(Robert Croyle, ALDHA board member) at the reception.

A. T. MUSEUM CHARTER MEMBER PLAQUE

Yesterday, Noel"The Singing Horseman" DeCavalcante and I placed the finished brass plaque of the A. T. Museum Charter Members in the window of Mount Rogers Outfiitters for temporary veiwing before it is moved to the Museum table in the tent at the park ~~final permanent home for it will be in the Appalachian Trail Museum after June 5 (GRAND OPENING date and BIG CELEBRATORY GET-TOGETHER OF THE HIKER COMMUNITY) .

ALSO, we placed the very tempory printed poster of the Building Fund Donors in the same window ~~this list is a work in progress since the deadline for being listed on it is in the fall ( after which it will also be made into a brass plaque for permanent residence in our Appalachian Trail Museum ! ) . Donor forms are available in several places in Damascus for Trail Days ~~ one is at the Museum table at the ALDHA Hiker Reception
    ~~ one place is the Museum table in the park ~~ and one is at the Appalachian Trail Museum Symposium, Saturday May 15, 5PM to 6PM at the First Baptist Church .

~Robert "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's" Croyle
    A. T. Musuem, Membership Secretary

VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED

Workers, donations of snack refreshments, and/or cash are still needed for the ALDHA Hiker Reception !

Some of the volunteers already are Miss Janet, Trail Angel Mary, Leapfrog, Model-T, and , just last night, Baltimore Jack ~~our hiker reception is forming up ! ! !

~Red Wolf

And I have 4 volunteers for my entrance table - my daughter, Tina; Jackaroo; Phoenix; and Tambourine.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
    VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED

Workers, donations of snack refreshments, and/or cash are still needed for the ALDHA Hiker Reception !

Some of the volunteers already are Miss Janet, Trail Angel Mary, Leapfrog, Model-T, and , just last night, Baltimore Jack ~~our hiker reception is forming up ! ! !

~Red Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    And I have 4 volunteers for my entrance table - my daughter, Tina; Jackaroo; Phoenix; and Tambourine.
    Trail Angel Mary ~~ YOU ARE THE LADY ! ! ! ~ Say "Hello" to all your volunteers for me and a GREAT BIG "THANKYOU" ! ! !

Got all the coffee condiments under wraps yesterday ~~i.e. the sugar, the creamer, the spoons, & the cups . ~~it all keeps coming TOGETHER ! ! !

See yah soon ~~HAPPY TRAILS & SAFE TRAVELS,

Red Wolf

Trail Angel Mary ~~ YOU ARE THE LADY ! ! ! ~ Say "Hello" to all your volunteers for me and a GREAT BIG "THANKYOU" ! ! !

Got all the coffee condiments under wraps yesterday ~~i.e. the sugar, the creamer, the spoons, & the cups . ~~it all keeps coming TOGETHER ! ! !

See yah soon ~~HAPPY TRAILS & SAFE TRAVELS,

Red Wolf
    I have creamer to bring with the coffee I'm bringing. Don't you need the creamer?

I have creamer to bring with the coffee I'm bringing. Don't you need the creamer?
    I have powdered creamer in a jar from the grocery store ~~is that what you mean by creamer or are you refering to a cup from which to pour liquid milk cream ( which there is no plan to have to offer ) ? ~~Red Wolf

RECENT NEWS ARTICLE * * * TriCities.com

The Appalachian Trail Days Festival 2010 is underway and IN THE NEWS !
    check it out in the attachment below:
    ~~Robert"Red Wolf o'da Smoky's" Croyle

I have powdered creamer in a jar from the grocery store ~~is that what you mean by creamer or are you refering to a cup from which to pour liquid milk cream ( which there is no plan to have to offer ) ? ~~Red Wolf
    Powdered creamer

Powdered creamer
    I think we are well covered with plenty of creamer then, since it is a LARGE jar which I have. ~~Red Wolf : )

ALDHA HIKER RECEPTION GREAT BIG SUCCESS ! ! !

THANKS to many, many volunteers of work, food, and cash our hiker reception for everyone at Trail Days was FANTASTIC ! ~~ everyone enjoyed a WELL-FED social hour ( actaully severa; hours long ! ) .

More particulars later ~~especially thanking Trail Angel Mary who really
    took charge of the food tables so that all went smoothly and also to those food volunteers ( whom I hope to name later ) for a LOT OF WORK ~ THANKS !

Robert "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's" Croyle

Thumbs up Aldha hiker reception 2010 * * * * *

ALDHA HIKER RECEPTION 2010 BIG SPLASH ! ! !

MANY THANKS to all the volunteers for making this the largest indoor event in Damascus at Trail Days 2010 and one that we can all be proud of for our ALDHA . See the attachment for more details.
    ~~ Robert "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's" Croyle
    Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association ( ALDHA ) board member

Default Aldha reception

Glad to hear that lots of ALDHA flyers were distributed. I hope that those in attendance that do not know about ALDHA, join and support both ALDHA AND The Appalachian Trail Museum. Attached is picture of the volunteers for the reception uner the leadership of Red Wolf.

Glad to hear that lots of ALDHA flyers were distributed. I hope that those in attendance that do not know about ALDHA, join and support both ALDHA AND The Appalachian Trail Museum. Attached is picture of the volunteers for the reception uner the leadership of Red Wolf.
    Again, Trail Angel Mary, YOU ARE THE LADY ! ! ! ~~ your wonderful new digital camara will get LOTS of use I know. MANY, MANY THANKS to you from a most grateful little wolf and from LOTS of hungry hikers that were fed last Friday at the ALDHA Hiker Reception . ~~ Red Wolf o'da Smoky's
    ps: some had trouble with the attachment on my last post so here it is again in another format. ~RW

TRAIL DAYS FESTIVAL 2010 was TERRIFIC !

May I direct you to check out the thread " A.T News and Updates " found in the FORUM " Trail News and Updates " ~~ JUNE 5 IS THE GRAND OPENING OF THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL MUSEUM ( also, it is National Trails Day ! ) . You are invited to check out this on-going thread ~~ I promise to post everything of substance and quality about the A. T Museum as it comes my way. ~~ Robert Croyle aka "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's", A.T. Museum, membership secretary

ps: also see www.atmuseum.org

++ New Posts ++