WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by litefoot 2000 View Post
    How did the 2000 reunion work out at Trail Days this year? I wasn't able to make it, and was just wondering if it came off as planned.

litefoot 2000
    Go to this thread to see the class of 2000 pic at Trai Days: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61445

Boy, great picture. The only one I recognize is de Krewzer. He looks older than I remember him. I'm sure glad I haven't aged.

litefoot 2000

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    It's hard to work in groups when you're omnipotent.....

credit to Q
    Yeah, democracy sucks when you're not in the majority every time. That's why I hope my application for Emperor of the Universe gets accepted.

My hope is that Lone Wolf - and others - joins the committee and everyone shares a variety of ideas. Some will be adopted, some will be considered as good but not yet feasible for any number of reasons, and some will be bad ideas and either rejected (I hope) or adopted (which happens). And there will be a need for some compromises. Those are good things. Trail Days is too important for people to ignore good ideas of others, and too important for any one person to get her or his way regardless of the merit of the ideas in others' eyes.

TW
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Too important?????

Boy, great picture. The only one I recognize is de Krewzer. He looks older than I remember him. I'm sure glad I haven't aged.

litefoot 2000
    I don't care who you are, that's just funny. HA!

...well I guess I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Local View Post
    OK, back to my building project. If any carpenters are in town, please drop by.

Remember me? I'd love to help with any project you are organizing. You know I am a hard worker, and I am very skilled with my hands. If you are serious about this project contact me and I'll show up toolbelt on and ready to go.

litefoot 2000
    There is a hiker(?) in the photo who said "I don't recognize anyone here" to which I answered " Don't worry! Nobody recognizes you either". Another hiker responded
    "You hadda be at least a little friendly on the trail for people to remember you".
    BTW good observation, we are all 10 years older and it shows.
    EZ from NY
    E-Z---"from sea to shining sea''

Quote Originally Posted by mrc237 View Post
    There is a hiker(?) in the photo who said "I don't recognize anyone here" to which I answered " Don't worry! Nobody recognizes you either". Another hiker responded
    "You hadda be at least a little friendly on the trail for people to remember you".
    BTW good observation, we are all 10 years older and it shows.
    EZ from NY
    'ceptin for me. i opted out of the photo cuz i wasn't welcome

Not by all.
    E-Z---"from sea to shining sea''

Quote Originally Posted by mrc237 View Post
    Not by all.
    ..........i love WHL

Quote Originally Posted by Lobsterbush View Post
    Remember me? I'd love to help with any project you are organizing. You know I am a hard worker, and I am very skilled with my hands. If you are serious about this project contact me and I'll show up toolbelt on and ready to go.
    Lobsterbush, I'm sorry you had to go back to your real job, because you did a week's work in two days while you were here. You even missed one or two of Mala's excellent meals. The project I'm on now is a personal one, and I'll send you a private e-mail about that. We would like to save your energies for civic projects here where we need some effective volunteers, but then the folks in Clintwood might have something to say about your spending time on the other side of the mountain.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    'ceptin for me. i opted out of the photo cuz i wasn't welcome
    someone asked me when did i summit. i said that i didn't. then he asked when was i in baxter. i said that i wasn't. i had my picture taken anyway.
    don't like logging? try wiping with a pine cone.

Images

I know I'm late on this, but the alcohol/drug free camping area would be greatly appreciated. I love the trail and the community, but I'm not ok with people boozing all night, and the smell of pot burning 2 tents away. I follow the laws, and would appreciate the company of sober individuals. Also living near Damascus I'd be interested in listening to the meetings on next year's trail days.

Quote Originally Posted by rickb View Post
    Question for L Wolf and others living in the area:

How have reports of the alleged sexual assault and subsequent arrest been received around town?

Are they linking this horrible report to the festival, security at tent city or the hiking community in any way?

Do the town's people and organizers think the reported crime will have an impact beyond to those directly involved?
    here's a bit in today's paper. last few paragraphs op the article
    http://www2.tricities.com/business/2...und-ar-604509/

funny how the incident never made the local TV news or newspapers in the days following the rape

Images

Jonathan Karl Bailey, of Rutherfordton, N.C., was charged with rape by force or threat.
    According to court records, onlookers saw a man pull a sleeping bag up over a woman’s head and, while she mumbled “stop,” he said “who cares if she’s passed out.” He was asleep behind the passed out woman, whose pants were around her ankles, when the Damascus chief of police arrived.
    Well, clearly not a local man as some have speculated...
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mtnkngxt View Post
    I know I'm late on this, but the alcohol/drug free camping area would be greatly appreciated. I love the trail and the community, but I'm not ok with people boozing all night, and the smell of pot burning 2 tents away. I follow the laws, and would appreciate the company of sober individuals. Also living near Damascus I'd be interested in listening to the meetings on next year's trail days.
    I don't smoke, but I don't mind other people smoking. It would be a good idea if there was an A camp though. Nothing worse than a big crowd of drunks.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.
    -Edward Abbey

Journal Entries
    Images

A few years ago they tried to have a "Quiet Zone" which I camped in but it didn't work, drunks were tripping over my tent all niight and even throwing things at tents. I really don't see anyway to separate the rowdy bunch from the laidback bunch? It boils down to respect and when the alcohol is flowing so freely the respect is out the window. Our solution works fine, we camp in town and come & go through tent city as we please and dont have to sleep there. If people want to party in whatever fashion it's their business just as it is if some wants to have one or two drinks or none at all.
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Last one I went to , I was in the "quiet zone" too....no such thing
    ad astra per aspera

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
++ New Posts ++