WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Hennessey Choices

I've been looking at the Hennessey hammocks. I'm just a tad over 200 lbs so am considering the Expedition ASym with the side zipper entrance instead of the Ultralite Backpacker ASym.

The Expedition is just a few ounces short of being a pound heavier but I'd hate to stress the ultralite with too much weight. The price on the Expedition at almost $100 less is also better for me.

Anyone got any insight, pros or cons? Its also on sale for $99 thru the this weekend at REI.

Thanks much,

l0ngterm

Images

Good price. How tall are you? I had an Ultralight Backpacker Asym and replaced it with an Explorer UL Asym -- the ULBA was just a little too short for me at 6-2.

As for weight vs. price, only you can answer that question. I will say IMHO a pound for $100 is a pretty good deal when it comes to lightening the load. Long after I've forgotten about the Benjamin I saved, I'll feel the extra weight on my back on every steep climb.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

GA-ME 2011
    Images

I've got a Hyperlight for sale with the Supershelter insulation system, snake skins and storage sacks. An extra set of long straps and other items go with it. Used about two weeks. Got about $350 in it, make me an offer.

I'm 6'4" 210 lbs side sleeper. The Explore UL Asym with the bottom entrance worked fine for me as far as size, comfort, ease to set up, usage, and being able to handle my wt. I would rather have had the side entrance though.

Like BigCranky said, not only is wt a consideration for what hammock is right for you but also how tall you are.

See the Hennessey website for the user specs.

Images

I'm 5'11", currently 210, but have been up to 225. I've used a HHULBPAsym since 2004. When I bought it, I called and asked if it would handle my weight. Was told it would be fine....Love it!
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Have you been over to http://www.hammockforums.net yet? You can read all about the HH and every other vendor out there. Some good info on that site for hangers.

++ New Posts ++