WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Ga-Me 2011 Hopefull bumblebee99's Avatar

Red face Jersey Section Hike Wed-Sun

I'm taking the bus to Greenwood Lake (on the border of NJ/NY) tomorrow and will be hiking south for 4-5 days. I originally wanted to make it to the Delaware Water Gap but I'm thinking that might be too far for the time I have. Does anyone have suggestions as to where I could hop off the trail along the Kittatiny Ridge, sometime after (south) of Sunrise Mountain? It looks like the only town around there is Branchville. Advice? Any one live around there that would be interested in giving three smelly girls a ride to a bus stop?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee99 View Post
    I'm taking the bus to Greenwood Lake (on the border of NJ/NY) tomorrow and will be hiking south for 4-5 days. I originally wanted to make it to the Delaware Water Gap but I'm thinking that might be too far for the time I have. Does anyone have suggestions as to where I could hop off the trail along the Kittatiny Ridge, sometime after (south) of Sunrise Mountain? It looks like the only town around there is Branchville. Advice? Any one live around there that would be interested in giving three smelly girls a ride to a bus stop?
    There aren't a ton of options hopping off somewhere in Jersey, unless you just happen to strike luck with someone going to DWG or a larger town/city.

You could take the short line bus to the Bear Mtn Inn and hike 45 miles north to the APPALACHIAN TRAIL stop or Pawling NY, or continue another 7 trail miles to the crossing at Wingdale, NY. Greenwood to DWG would be a long poke for 4-5 days, but doable. With the holiday weekend the trail should be teeming with people, but begging a ride might be chancy.

Have fun.
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

++ New Posts ++