WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Lemhi View Post
    Yep...that's me and you and your friends were the ones I was referring to in my post. I hope I got most of the details right. If not, please correct me. If I had met you folks sooner I'd have had a better time of it. I got sorted out in Bangor and then finished VT, MA, CT and then back to NH and some of southern ME (talk about a flip-flop).

You folks made it look easy!

Best,

Lemhi
    glad you had a great time

Quote Originally Posted by Lemhi View Post
    BTW, as I recall the details... I did actually start using Purell on my feet in the evenings to clean/disinfect. Whether it helped or not I can't say, but it made me feel better about their condition.

I still have no feeling in 6 toes...the medical guy in Bangor said he'd never seen feet in worse shape.

Next time will be different.

Looking back over my posts I hate to sound like a "one man how NOT to do it" show, but if it helps someone get it right....sooner...then please feel free to chuckle and shake your heads at my misery. I do.

Lemhi
    West Africa
    i was 'that guy' my first time...hell of a learning curve

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    Are you putting the Hydropel on just the bottom of your feet or the whole foot? I have just recently switched to breathable trail runners and I have wondered about using Hydropel. I have a couple of tubes of it already.
    I put the majority of it on the balls of my feet and heels,(the areas I tend to get hot spots on) then up and around my toes. I applied a small amount to the tops of my feet. I highly recommend it. I was also able to put dry socks on each morning. When my shoes were really wet I found that keeping them on longer in camp actually helped dry the socks .

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Cables View Post
    I put the majority of it on the balls of my feet and heels,(the areas I tend to get hot spots on) then up and around my toes. I applied a small amount to the tops of my feet. I highly recommend it. I was also able to put dry socks on each morning. When my shoes were really wet I found that keeping them on longer in camp actually helped dry the socks .
    Thanks, this is pretty much the same advice I have been given before. I bought a couple tubes of Hydropel and tried it with my hiking boots but I couldn't really tell if it was helping or not. Now I have switched to breathable trail runners so I'm thinking of using it again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++