All - I know that many of you have endured lyme and west nile, so I thought this might be a good forum to get some advice on what to discuss with my doctor about some issues that I am having.

I recently got back from a 134 mile section hike - my first ever. I was understandably tired a lot and my knees and feet are still a bit achey. My issue that started during my hike was that one night I had heart palpitations (I have had these before, doctors blamed various things but no cause was ever found - so no history of heart disease) and I was extremely hot in my sleeping bag. I even felt nauseated that evening. The meal had a god deal on onions in it, and believe me or not, but indigestion has led to these palpitations before so I was not too concerned with it. (One doctor had even told me to take Gaviscon to remedy the indigestion issue when it happens)

It has been about two weeks since my hike and I have consistently been having night sweats. I have never had these before except when I was really sick and running a fever. I am not feverish when I go to bed, but hours later I awake and my clothes and sheets are soaked. The room is cool (I like to sleep with the room about 70) and I don't cover up much so that can't be the issue.

The other thing that has me nervous is that I feel achey all over from time to time like I have the flu, but the symptoms come and go and never last longer than a couple of hours at a time. I have not ran a fever that I know of (unless I'm spiking one in my sleep)

If I was coming down with something, I would think it would have hit me by now or that I would be over it, but it appears neither is the case. I have no known health issues, and I have read about the causes of night sweats and nothing really seems to apply to me (at least as far as I know).

I am going to the doctor to hopefully get to the bottom of this, but any of you who have had similar experiences, I'd be interested in any information that you might have that I should discuss with my doctor.