Any other refugee's from the recently closed AMC Mountains and Message board?

It used to be a great message board where hikers could discuss hiking related issues like Backcountry Camping Practices; like the upside and downside of dogs on trails, snowmobiles, cell phones, hunting, skiiing on hiking trails, peakbagging, LNT practices, and about any hiking-related topic you wanted to argue about.

I learned a lot on this message board, and in spite of occasional personal attacks, the board was a great educational resource.

The AMC (in their infinite wisdom) closed down the entire message board, essentially because one poster (Fsolution i.e. Final Solution) began posting racist comments and other posters attacked these posts. Kinda like throwing the baby out with the bath water, if you ask me.

Apparently the AMC was more concerned about the attacks on Fsolution, than Fsolution's actual posts. They wanted all of the other posters to "not respond" and let the AMC moderators deal with the issues.

Of course, it was very difficult for some of us to ignore these posts such as "your parents deserved to die in the concentration camps" etc.

Anyway, I hope I put this post in the right catigory, and I apologize if this topic is off-limits on whiteblaze.com