WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by harryfred View Post
    I may come on up If I get back from hiking in Va. Sure would be nice to see some of you all again.
    I'll see you there.

Panzer

I was hoping to head up that way yesterday or today; there seem to be some transportation issues that need to be resolved and it now looks like I'll be delayed. If anyone plans to be in or passing thru Harpers Ferry in the next few days, please let me know, thanx.

Images

It looks like the temps are going to be nice and cool at night for tent camping.
    71 degrees Friday night
    67 degrees Saturday night

Panzer

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    I was hoping to head up that way yesterday or today; there seem to be some transportation issues that need to be resolved and it now looks like I'll be delayed. If anyone plans to be in or passing thru Harpers Ferry in the next few days, please let me know, thanx.

ill be passing thru HF or thur penmar att he MD PA line fri night on my way to the feed
    Doug
    happy trails

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Transportation issues? What ever happened to walkin', after all.., you 'are' a trail legend. If you had started walking the last I heard you where in HF you'd be back in NJ or NY by now. Was looking for you on the trail between Penn Mar and PGF but everyone I ran into on that section said the last time they saw you was in HF or in Waynesboro, someone even reported seeing you riding around with Crazy Horse. Anyway if you need a ride call me at my home number and I'll come get you and bring you to the feed.

Luv ya Brother.

http://www.facebook.com/themissjanet Miss Janet's Avatar
    Images

Default Hiker needs a ride from Pen Mar

I have a exhausted, hot and discouraged hiker at Pen Mar that needs the support and hiker love of Billville. He is a chef and when I suggested he might come to Duncannon and hang out with everyone and help with the Feed it really seemed to lift his spirits. Is there anyone around this evening that might be able to make a run down there to pick him up? If not, what are his best options for hitching that way?? Call me if you can help out and I will pass on the message.... 423-483-0620 Miss Janet

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Janet View Post
    I have a exhausted, hot and discouraged hiker at Pen Mar that needs the support and hiker love of Billville. He is a chef and when I suggested he might come to Duncannon and hang out with everyone and help with the Feed it really seemed to lift his spirits. Is there anyone around this evening that might be able to make a run down there to pick him up? If not, what are his best options for hitching that way?? Call me if you can help out and I will pass on the message.... 423-483-0620 Miss Janet
    pm sent as i will be going tho the MD PA line fri night to get to the feed if he sill needs a ride or any other hikers
    Doug
    happy trails

aka -OvertheEdge- :)
    Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
    Images

Just got back from Harpers Ferry. Note to self: Do not hike the roller coaster on the hotest most humid days of the year. Too late to head on up to night I'll get cleaned up and head on up tomorrow. Better late than never. hope there is still a tent spot.
    Alcohol was involved!

Images

so, what was the official count of people who attended? I'm guessing about 100 or so.

Panzer

Beats me. 100 seems a bit high; 65-75 is more like it.

All I know is everyone had a great time; thanx to all who helped out!!

Images

Now what happened between June 9th and today? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Do one thing everyday...that makes you happy...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by boarstone View Post
    Now what happened between June 9th and today? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Great seeing you all. Was a long trip home. After I dropped off those that were there I came across a hiker trying to get up to Culvers Gap from the DWG so I gave him a ride and figured if I was going to be that close..... So I brought water up to Shelter near HP in NJ that has no water source.
    Often Accused, Often Guilty but Seldom Guilty of What I am Accused.

Images

Default proprosal for next year

next year if it is this hot again I think we should have a wet T shirt contest, just to beat the heat. And if no one else wants the job I'll volunteer to be the hose boy

Panzer

so did somethin' bad happen? there are no reports of a good time or anything

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    My guess is that the bacon explosion caused everyone's arteries to seize up and no one survived.

mmm...bacon.
    What? Me worry??

Images

I skipped the bacon explosion this year because when I tried it last year it did not sit well in my stomach. burrrpp

Panzer

Images

yea, it has been quiet.

Panzer

Nah, if something bad happened, you definitely would have heard about it.

Personally, I fell asleep immediately after the Feed and I just woke up.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

rave reviews from all the hikers I've seen since. Pics and video soon on facebook and my youtube...search trailangelmary on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer1 View Post
    next year if it is this hot again I think we should have a wet T shirt contest, just to beat the heat. And if no one else wants the job I'll volunteer to be the hose boy

Panzer
    Yeah, but a hiker wet t-shirt contest is when all the hikers put their sweat soaked t-shirts on display and the smelliest wins a prize. In any case, I'm the official billville hoseboy (and towelboy, in the event of any actual hosing or toweling off).

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
++ New Posts ++