WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for Titanium 4 DIY Wood Stove.

AT Friends. Tortoise1 here. I am searching for Titanium sheet goods to build a DIY Nimbelwill Nomad Wood Burning Stove for my 2011 thru. I have exhausted every avenue I can think of. Does any one have any contacts, dealers, web sites, friends, etc.... Where I could purchase sheet good titanium. Thanks for any help.
    Tortoise1

would be cheeper to buy the hexagon woodstove from vargo.i have one and its great.packs flat,fits inside my pot,with my back up trangia stove

Journal Entries
    Images
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Definitely buy the VARGO stove. Brian and I discussed this product about 2 years ago, although I am in "no cook mode" these days, I LOVE the idea about saving weight and using natural materials as fuel. Makes a TON OF SENSE.

I bought the titanium for my stove here:

http://suluk46.com/products%20%20-%2...i%20Sheet.html

Thanks to all for the input, great sites, and good ideas.
    Tortoise.

I plan, therefore I am Strategic's Avatar
    Images

You can also try an industrial supply house like McMaster-Carr, a generally great source for things like metals and other raw materials for DIY work. Here's the link to their Titanium Sheet, Bar and Strip page. The thickness you'll most likely want is .020", which is pretty cheap from them (a 12"x12" sheet is $36.85.)

I tend to use sources like this because they're cheaper and very reliable.
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

The Vargo wood stove was demonstrated at Trail Days - very nice stove at 4.1 oz. A single 12"x12" of .020" thickness commercially pure titanium is going to weigh about 7.5 oz so the Vargo stove probably uses .005"-.008" thickness which is not readily available. Titanium is much harder to work with than Aluminum and often waterjet cutting is often used in making stove products. If you want the satisfaction of making it yourself and time and finished weight are not a concern, then DIY. If you want a well designed ultralight option, then the Vargo is a great choice.

Default Titanium search compleat!

OK folks. Mission accomplished. That was good! Less then two days, I wish I could hire you all, WHAT A TEAM!! Two birds with one stone. (1) I have found Titanium for future projects, and (2) I am going with the Vargo Stove. If I had a CNC machine in my shop I could not fabricate one at twice the cost. Thank you all very much for your input and help.
    THE TORTOISE

++ New Posts ++