WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Question about SPOT2 Messenger...just bought one...

and tried to send "send help" test to wife...Am I missing something here? Testing the "send help" to friends button, but it looks like I need to peel away the plastic button on top to get to the message button below to check if it turns green and sending...is this correct? Do I actually have to lift the plastic tab to send "Send help" message and "SOS" message...

From the brochure, I simply push it...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by nawlunz View Post
    and tried to send "send help" test to wife...Am I missing something here? Testing the "send help" to friends button, but it looks like I need to peel away the plastic button on top to get to the message button below to check if it turns green and sending...is this correct? Do I actually have to lift the plastic tab to send "Send help" message and "SOS" message...

From the brochure, I simply push it...
    I don't own one but my understanding is the send help and 911 buttons are now covered to prevent accidental messages.

yes you peel back the button cover for sos and for help. although you don't necessarily need to test the help button, you can just test the check in/ok button.

I know nothing about the spot unit,but my fire dept spent about 12 hours looking for a lost person in my hilly area. The signal kept moving around and we had searchers going around and round trying to find it.

We found out later, A unit in a store went off in the store and the coords were moving because the satilitte caouldn't get a fix. Yes, we called the store first and then they confirmed the units never went off. but found out later one was activate.

GRRR. Long night for me and other searchers

++ New Posts ++