WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Dog Etiquette

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Burn
    hey sgt..love ya, love yer attitude, love yer site....but yer fighting for everyone....some folks drink and love dogs.....

ps. my nephew heads back probably with yer crew......god bless.....in most places dawgs are allowed....stay safe
    Actually I drink and have dogs.

Just messing with old friend Steve and his ultralight muscle relaxant.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Michael + Laura Ryan justusryans's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock
    Actually I drink and have dogs.

Just messing with old friend Steve and his ultralight muscle relaxant.
    thats just wrong on so many levels!!
    "We wanderers, ever seeking the lonelier way, begin no day where we have ended another day; and no sunrise finds us where sunset left us."

Kahlil Gibran

Images

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by general
    wow, only had to go through a couple to find this one. off limits sounds synonomous with banishment to me. didn't set any one up, and was never on any debate team. maybe you should take a long hard look at the forum before you crucify me.
    I would have thought you'd stop digging that hole you've got yourself into.

Now you're quoting a sarcastic joke post to justify your claims that people want to ban dogs? That's just more juvenile drivel.

Instead of continuing to show your butt, how 'bout a simple, sincere apology for all the bombastic mud-slinging you're doing at people who simply don't like dogs running amuck and out of control?

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

Quote Originally Posted by general
    i fell victim to a session of angry venting. i know what's wild and what ain't. i certianly wouldn't try to coax a bear into my house to watch some football with me. in a round about ill sort of way, i was trying to say it ain't the dogs fault. i agree some dogs train easier than others. i'm lucky. mr. bud will do what ever i or you ask him to do. i'm just saying if the dog acts right let him be, and if he doesn't, attack the owner with your stick instead.
    that's as close to an im sorry as i can muster

there were more posts than that but, no im not going to dig them up.

Hey Rainman, you ever sling that mean 'ol mud? Maybe hate is blind too.

Images

Talking Hate? Hate? No hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nean
    Hey Rainman, you ever sling that mean 'ol mud? Maybe hate is blind too.
    Hate is a mighty strong word, Nean. I don't think it's appropriate in our little debate, ... unless it's just another debate trick?

He smacked me (and others) with his comments. I smacked him right back. Where's the hate in that? Just guys being guys. He even posted twice something he considers an apology. I don't, but I give him credit for doing so, anyway. Things are square enough fer this country boy. We both had our say and there's no blood spilt. Now, let's go hiking!

BTW, just so you don't sling mud on the wrong WhiteBlazer, there is a Rainman. It's not me, though. I'm Rain Man. I know it's confusing, but nothing I can do about that.

Have a good'un!

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Thank you for clearing that up RM. Life IS good! Have a great day.

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

No love is ever lost ..after bad blood is spilt
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

1700 down, 460 to go...
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotasmith
    Just remember that "under control" is defined on public hiking trails as meaning his dog is hooked to a leash that is either he is holding, or is tied to a fixed object like a tree 100.000% (not 99.999%) of the time. Also, IMO it means that the dog never once comes into shelters for one second, near other hikers while they are cooking (or their campsites), while hiking your son steps off the Trail (pulling the dog after him) so hikers coming the other way aren't forced to interact with his dog without initiating the interaction, etc. Anything less than this standard of behavior would mean that your son should not bring a dog on the Trail.

I'm just glad Minnesotasmith isn't actually involved in writing policy. I'm not sure what exactly under control means when posted in the land-use regulations (it's likely to mean different things depending on where and by whom it's posted), but I'm absolutely positive this quote ain't the right definition.

For those of you who don't like my dog at the shelter, be sure to point that out to my face next time we meet. (I'll be polite if you will.) If anyone takes a stick to my dog, better make sure it's in self-defense and I see the infraction ... otherwise I'll take a bigger stick to you. If you don't like my dog on the trail, work out the legislation to make it illegal, or ****. Public property is my property as well as yours ... we can work out our differences civilly, or non-civilly. Which would you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge
    As of now I am declaring the AT is off limits for all dogs, leashed or not.
    Exceptions: 1) sanctioned, licensed, dogs for people with impairments or disabilities. 2) If freeze dried, only three packages of dog allowed per month
    3) Only 1 can of dog per month,(please don't leave can in fire pit). People who insist on hiking with dogs, and are caught, will be made to sleep in a stuffed shelter on a rainy night with strange, stinking, wet, noisy, muddy dogs.
    When will people learn to leave their animals at home? My dog stays at home, why can't yours? Carry a gun if you are scared. Bring a human friend if you need company. Theres a reason why the National Parks don't allow them on the trails, can you guess why?
    i wonder why its such a discusion about dogs on the trail. i donīt mind if they are kept on a leash.
    in sweden and germany u see quite a lot of people hiking with their dogs, and there are no problems, not even in national parks....

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
++ New Posts ++