WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Broiling 2010 Summer Heat

Triple digits here in SEPA this weekend and along the trail into NJ. supposed to be like this all week. Just doing light lawnwork outside is brutal...
    At least it is about 5 degree cooler in the shade..

Take plenty of water breaks.
    Hike early or late, sleep it off from 11-3:30ish.
    Please don't take chances.... The trail will still be here when cooler temps prevail.
    Good luck out there...
    Toolshed....
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

Images

I'm glad I'm not on the trail right now. 100 degrees is just too hot for hiking.
    I'll stay home in my air conditioned house drinking cold sodas out of the refrig, thank you, enjoy your hike.

Panzer

Not quite triple digits here in Lexington - currently 89, forecast for low-to-mid-90s through Friday. But I'm not spending much time outdoors.

We had a few days last week of absolutely perfect weather - high of 80, night low of 57, low humidity. But all good things had to come to an end.

Leaving for Alaska in 16 days - can't wait!

Images

I saw this morning that it was hotter in NYC than here in The Dallas, TX area. Yall enjoy!

Thanks for the update. It's easier to focus at my desk if I know it's miserable out on the trail. I'll take down my "Don't be irreplaceable at work. If you can't be replaced, you can't go hiking." sign today.

Yeah, me and my boy are hiking Maryland into Harpers Ferry, this Wed-Sat. It's supposed to 100 degrees Wednesday. Gonna be interesting.

Images

It was 105 degrees on my deck at 3 pm. Of course its gets hotter on the deck because it is brown in color and in direct sun.

Panzer

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    Yeah, me and my boy are hiking Maryland into Harpers Ferry, this Wed-Sat. It's supposed to 100 degrees Wednesday. Gonna be interesting.
    Well - stash some water along the way for me since I'll be taking my sons on the same section NEXT Wed-Sat. Any updates on the condition of the water sources, etc. next week would be appreciated.

Email me or PM me next week or check my Trailjournals. After hiking, we're meeting the family in the Outer Banks for a week, so my computer time will be limited.

Images

Just returned from a long weekend of camping in the Shenandoahs and the day time temps was mid-eighties but without any breeze , even after sunset .

That made for some buggy conditions as the no see-ums and flies were having a field day.

- Still much better in the mountains than coming back home to 101 .
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Had a few days the past week in the mid-80s. Took the opportunity to do some stuff outdoors... but now we're going to be back in the mid to high 90s for at least a week. Just going to wait it out and catch up on indoor projects, I suppose.

Images

Hikers in the Pearisburg area will see low 90's.

++ New Posts ++