WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default The "Barn" for sale in Gorham NH

While searching for something else, I ran into this listing for the "Barn" in Gorham. Not sure how long its been listed.

http://www.nneren.com/view2.php?id=2...00.00&t=&fcla=

As some have noted, there were reported issues with a seasonal worker last year but havent heard any reports (dood or bad)from this year.

I didnt see the perpetual listing for Hiker Paradise, so its either off the market or in between real estate agents.

Default hostel

as far as Hikers Paradise is concerned.. I am sure it is still there including the grumpy ol Bruno who runs it. Except for him, I love the place.

David

Hikers Paradise is still in operation, my reference was that the place has been for listed for sale for several years.

avatar= bushwhackin' mount kancamagus nh 5-8-04 neighbor dave's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNH View Post
    as far as Hikers Paradise is concerned.. I am sure it is still there including the grumpy ol Bruno who runs it. Except for him, I love the place.

David
    bruno's a good man, he and mary ann have always been very nice to me.
    while i can't speak for him personally, i'd be willing to bet he doesn't like dip****ts trying to take advantage of him, hence he tends to piss off idjits, if the shoe fits wear it.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

2 different hikers at different times both told me the best bet was to get a hotel in Gorham.... Combined with a similar (subliminal?) message in Baltimore Jack's resupply offer I took it as fact.

I can say this - I really liked the town and the hotel I stayed at (The Royalty Inn). Mr. Pizza has a great calzone to top it off.

Quote Originally Posted by neighbor dave View Post
    bruno's a good man, he and mary ann have always been very nice to me.
    while i can't speak for him personally, i'd be willing to bet he doesn't like dip****ts trying to take advantage of him, hence he tends to piss off idjits, if the shoe fits wear it.
    Ditto.
    Bruno is a good man. He drove me to the hospital so doctors could treat an infected cut I got on the trail last year. Then took me to Wal-Mart so I could get my antibiotic prescription filled.

Default Bruno

I didn't mean to imply that Bruno is mean or bad. I just find him gruff, perhaps a tad abrasive at times and his sense of humor doesn't do it for me. His wife OTOH is wonderful.

What good news! As soon as present management/ownership changes I look forward to visiting there again; it's been awhile and it's a wonderful place.

Images

Just stayed at White Birches Campground, free shuttle from trailhead and into town. $15/night for bunk, Janet was awesome. Helped me out any way they could.

The Barn Hostel is open in Gorham and has no plans to change anything about the operation. According to the new owner all hikers are welcome!

To expand on the prior post, the Barn and the associated Inn was recently purchased by a new owner.

Hikers Paradise appears to be still owned and operated by Bruno.

We at the Hikers Hostel in Lancaster NH are also available too. We do shuttle services to Rattle River. One in the AM and one in the PM.

This is our site hikershostel.org

Just thought I'd let you know we are here.

Gingerbread Man

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++