WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default LT E2E mid August

I'm planning on starting between Aug 18-20th... northbound E2E hike. Hoping to finish in 3-4 weeks.

Will be my first time hiking in VT, I already have the GMC guide book and LT map, but I'd be up for hiking with anyone else from WB doing the hike at that time. anyone else here doing E2E at that time?

Hoping a Western Mountaineering Highlite (35 degree) bag, with a decent fleece jacket... will be enough.

I'll probably see you near the start of your hike, I'll be heading SOBO.

A 35 degree WM bag should be just fine. I use the WM Caribou and a liner on the LT and it easily handles everything I've seen on the LT in July and August. A hat or a headband might come in handy on a cool windy shelter night - there was one such August night on the LT that made a difference for me.

BTW - Scroll up to the LT news and updates section. Someone else is looking to start the trail in August and is interested in hiking with someone.

I'm starting an e2e on Aug. 9th. I'm going to be really taking my time, so you may catch up w/ me.
    "Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet."
    -Thich Nhat Hahn

http://www.cranberrymountainlodge.com/

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838232611

Depending on various circumstances I should be heading north a tad later in early September or so, currently on a two month road trip and then hiking the Northville Lake Placid Trail starting around Aug 26th, so expect to be in North Adams around 9 Sept or so - have a great trip!

stranger:

you have a great hike too. There's two of us from WB flying up to Albany Aug 17th, starting the AT/LT northbound from Williamstown on Aug 18th. I'm sure we'll run into a lot of other hikers on the trail, be nice to run into some of the NOBO thru survivors. Looking forward to being on the trail again, and hope we see a break in this east coast heat wave soon!

++ New Posts ++