WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nufsaid View Post
    " I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man."
    Problem with this is one is always going to wind up being jealous, you know, one gets to carry more of your gear than the other

Nunatek Ghost Quilt
    Z-packs Blast 26 pack
    Z-packs Hexamid Solo Tent in Cuben
    Thermarest Neo Air Short
    Gossamer Gear Lighttrek poles
    TiGoat F Keg

And I would probably choose the PCT instead of the AT.

Images

I like the sherpa/massage therapist idea. I like it so much in fact that i will be excepting applications to my personal sherpa/massage therapist. Since training maybe required on your part prior to a long trip, I willing to sacrafice my weekends to help you. You will need qualifications in the various forms of massage deep tissue hot rocks etc.

Please state any other useful qualities on your resume such as photographic skills, gourmet trail cooking experience, or other useful skills.

Doc Mike

Another definition of sherpa could be support vehicle driver. With unlimited money you could hire someone to drive a fully equipped RV and meet you at road crossings at the end of the day. No need to carry the big-4 when you could slackpack every day. Step inside in the RV, take a shower, change into fresh clothes, fix whatever you want for supper, do some laundry and fall asleep listening to the sound of rain on the roof. Have your sherpa go pick up whatever you need while you are hiking. Sounds like the way Richie Rich would thru-hike.

Images

Smile LightHeart Cuben solo

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsen View Post
    Well,
    Gear would probably be something like a ULA CDT, cuben lightheart solo (if I can get her to make me another!) to swap out with a Hennessy Adventure Racer hammock,
    I leave Wednesday for the JMT. Check with me when I get back towards the end of September. I'll be using my LightHeart Solo Cuben fiber tent (all 14 oz of it!) so we'll see how it holds up. I'm using a 2 ml plastic drop cloth for a ground sheet. (2 oz)
    Judy/LightHeart Gear

Images

with unlimited funds i wouldn't be posting on WB with you people
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by couscous View Post
    Another definition of sherpa could be support vehicle driver. With unlimited money you could hire someone to drive a fully equipped RV and meet you at road crossings at the end of the day. No need to carry the big-4 when you could slackpack every day. Step inside in the RV, take a shower, change into fresh clothes, fix whatever you want for supper, do some laundry and fall asleep listening to the sound of rain on the roof. Have your sherpa go pick up whatever you need while you are hiking. Sounds like the way Richie Rich would thru-hike.
    Actually my wife in on board with the idea of something akin to this. She would "shadow" me up the AT, exploring/shopping/etc the country along the way. I would guess that once every 7-10 days I would be sleeping in the RV when we move it north. I don't think I would want to do that too often or it would take away from the thru "feel". If there is some convenient road crossing for lunch somewhere, so much better. I don't think I would be slacking more than the average thru.....who knows.

The RV would be loaded with resupplies (food, gear, extra shoes, etc.). If I get the RV I'm thinking of there will be room to take care of some buddies too.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Two chicks at one time.
    No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength.

If I had unlimited funds, I wouldn't have the time to be here on the computer. I'd be hiking..
    "So what if theres a mountain, get over it!!!" - Graywolf, 2010

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TheChop View Post
    Two chicks at one time.
    that doesn't take UNLIMITED funds $250 in AC.
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChop View Post
    Two chicks at one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    that doesn't take UNLIMITED funds $250 in AC.

HA! Around here it only seems to take about three rounds of mircobrews right before the bars close....

Personally, if I had unlimited funds I'd buy a bunch of Hyperlight Mountain Gear. I think the ECHO II Shelter System would be great for a PCT thru hike with a GF. Their Windrider pack looks pretty nice too. Also, I should have bought a Jacks R Better quilt by now, but I don't think I'll need to have limitless wealth before I finally get one of their pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mike View Post
    Ok for starters I'm not in this category, but assuming you had an unlimited amount of money to outfit yourself for a thru-hike. What equipment would you buy, to include everything for the hike so big four plus clothes etc.

For example would you get the best gear and a sherpa to carry it, or a llama, or goat? Sorry i thought the goat part was funny until I read more about pack goats.

Thanks
    Doc Mike
    Only you can decide what the best gear is for you. If you have unlimited funds you can pick gear without regard of cost. If it is not satisfactory you can replace it. You may not know what you like or what is right for you until you are on the trail.
    Having enough funds to stay at nice motels with sauna, hot tub and pool is nice. Same for re-supply, shuttles and taxi.
    Thing to remember is that when you are on the trail hiking it don't matter how much cash is in your pocket or available on your credit or debit card.
    Your money will be spent on lodgeing and meals and transportation. Being able to afford side trips is nice. Ashville, Lurray, NYC, Boston, Bluegrass Fest., etc.

Baron
    Images

Unlimited Money. what would you do?
    Two...ah-ah-ah! I came periliously close to making an Office Space joke.
    ‎"You know your camping trip really isn't going well when you find yourself hoping to stave off sepsis with a six-pack of Icehouse. "

"Age is not an accomplishment, and youth is not a sin."

Images

Quote Originally Posted by couscous View Post
    Or Karl Meltzer.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Images

Hell, I'd just hire someone to do the hiking for me while I napped.

Quote Originally Posted by IceAge View Post
    Hell, I'd just hire someone to do the hiking for me while I napped.
    I think that is called reading Trail Journals.......
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

I'd quit my job today, start with the gear I have, replace along the way or at Trail Days with the latest and greatest as necessary, buy food and beer for all other hikers at the places along the way, donate resources to those groups who work the trail! The food and beer may require a WHOLE lotta money!

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Echo View Post
    I would hire my exhusband to be my pack mule and then I would proceed to swat at him with a switch the entire way!

I like this sentiment even though I am happily married!
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Images

Kilimanjaro then K2

Section hiker.

Convince my dad to do some of the trail with me...

or pay for one of my broke college buddies to join.

Just got a job teaching school and I'm already looking at saving money so in a few years I can do a masters degree and a thru hike!
    Next AT hike: October 3-15!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++