WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Packs for short fat guys

Are there any packs designed for short fat guys.

Currently I am 250 and 5'10" with an ultimate goal of 200 lbs. I find that most packs don't feel right through the shoulders. Maybe i just have them adjusted incorrectly and need to talk to a few pros. Right now we just day hike, but i am looking into starting longer overnight trips carrying more weight so i want a pack that fits right and is comfortable.

I certainly was in the right.
    Journal Entries
    Images

Have you tried external frames? After 20 years of using internal frame packs I recently tried externals to rid myself of the "back sweat factor". I was surprized with the comfortable fit and truely adjustable frame capability. Like with boots, find something that fits you. And not everyone at a gear store is an expert. Kelty's instructions on fit are quite clear and using a large mirror helps too.

This probably should have been in the general gear for rather than the review forum, if a mod can delete or move it would be appreciated

Thanks
    Joe

Baron
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Crotalus View Post
    Are there any packs designed for short fat guys.

Currently I am 250 and 5'10" with an ultimate goal of 200 lbs. I find that most packs don't feel right through the shoulders. Maybe i just have them adjusted incorrectly and need to talk to a few pros. Right now we just day hike, but i am looking into starting longer overnight trips carrying more weight so i want a pack that fits right and is comfortable.
    We're in the same weight class(I weigh a little less, but I'm also a little shorter). I use a Kelty Coyote and don't have much difficulty. I just ordered a ULA Catalyst, and I'll tell you how that turns out.
    ‎"You know your camping trip really isn't going well when you find yourself hoping to stave off sepsis with a six-pack of Icehouse. "

"Age is not an accomplishment, and youth is not a sin."

You're fat but you're not short. 5' 10" is the average height for males in the U.S.

One consideration is how much space you need. If 3600cu is sufficient, Luddite's Granite Gear Vapor Trail would probably work for you. Both of my sons use GG Vapor Trails - both are 5'10"-5'11" - both are in the 240#-270# range.

++ New Posts ++