WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Walkin' Jim

Images

Default Walkin' Jim

Just received an email from Walkin' Jim's mail list. Some bad news. Seems Jim's cancer has returned, and he has had to cancel all tour dates for the foreseeable future.

He asks for our prayers and/or good thoughts at this time. He also would like any who can to possibly contribute to his website to help support his very high medical bills.

Jim is an AT thru hiker and prolific long-distance hiker, songwriter, and performer. He has tirelessly worked for environmental causes and he has inspired many of us for several decades now. Jim needs some help now, so I thought I would pass this along, as I hadn't seen it mentioned here yet.

http://www.walkinjim.com/Jims_Medical_Fund.php

Hope some of us can help out.

Sorry to hear- cancer sucks.

Walkin' Jim is a great guy all around and I wish him and his all the best. Thanks for the post.

Oh Nooooo! I hadn't heard about this!! I've heard him speak, and it was wonderful. He is so interesting and educational. I think hearing him was one of the reasons I came to be an AT hiker. This is really sad news for the LD hiking community.

Exclamation Walking Jim

Is anyone from this list close to Jim and can keep all of us updated? I saw him many times at ALDHA and he help me get into hiking more. Has anyone told ALDHA or ATC about this? Man, I'm still upset about the news!

This sure is bad news, Jim is a great guy.

If anyone out there has an address where cards, etc. can be sent it'd be nice if they sent it along.

Images

That's a shame. I saw him at a local fundraiser in Nashville 10 years ago, and his music and walks are pretty inspiring.

Prayers going out for him.
    If people spent less time being offended and more time actually living, we'd all be a whole lot happier!

Shame this should happen to such a wonderful person and inspiration to many hikers and other nature lovers, as well as musicians like myself. Prayers are being sent.
    Get well, Jim.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

++ New Posts ++