WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Ti-Tri Caldera

Images

Default Ti-Tri Caldera

http://www.titaniumgoat.com/TiTri.html has anyone used this system and burn wood in it. i've used the caldera cone from anti-gravity for years and i think this would be a nice upgrade with no extra weight.
    TY
    KK
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Images

Karl the Ti-tri works great. You can leave the esbit stuff behind, and if you already use Ti stakes for your tarp, you don't need the extras that come with the Ti-tri kit. Burning wood works well, but it does not burn as clean as say a Bushbuddy. So you can expect some ash, the inferno add on helps to get a greater combustion and eliminates some of the problem with ash.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnkngxt View Post
    Karl the Ti-tri works great. You can leave the esbit stuff behind, and if you already use Ti stakes for your tarp, you don't need the extras that come with the Ti-tri kit. Burning wood works well, but it does not burn as clean as say a Bushbuddy. So you can expect some ash, the inferno add on helps to get a greater combustion and eliminates some of the problem with ash.
    agreed

I used A Tri-Ti on my last 500 mile section hike from MA to WV. I carried 2 Esbits for backup to use under my vestibule if needed. The Tri-Ti is my go to stove, I use it with a MLD 850ml mug, everything fits inside the mug with the lid on. After using the Tri-Ti on this trip I sold my Bushbuddy.

Tri-Ti on Black Mtn NY cooking supper

Images

Nice picture.

++ New Posts ++