WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Garmin Mapsource Question

I have this Garmin Mapsource Topomap system,which is a 3.02 version and everything works on the system except when downloading info from the Garmin Etrex GPS. It says it failed to download. I have tried to reset my settings and everything looks ok.

Is there anything else I can try to make this system works. This is the only Topo program I have that I know will work for my Etrex. I know the system is about 10 years old but wonders if I still can save it

Thanks Ron

Can you download the info from your Garmin to your computer without using the MapSource program? If so, you maybe able to use http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/

It should work cause it works on my Delorme Road map program. Great for marking exits, roads, and parking areas.

I am going to try the site you gave me and see if it will work.

Another option is to update your version of Mapsource - MapSource software version 6.16.2 as of June 21, 2010

Images

Ron try updating through garmin both the GPS and software should work I will try to think of other issues in mean time I don't get here all the time so email me if questions
    Please remember the brave men and women of our armed services Without them we would not have the freedom to walk across this great nation.

Just got home and getting kids ready for the kids first day of school tomorrow. So i going to try and reboot the whole system again and try the updated version over the weekend. Thanks to dialup, which is soooo slow.

I tried using the gpsvisulizer program and haven't figured out how to work it into my mapsource program yet. I am kind of computer dummy on these kind of stuff.

Any more ideas? Money is tight right now,so I gotta stretch this program out as far as I can.

Journal Entries
    Images

what os are you using?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Ok, not knowing much about computers and programming. What is an os? I am totally lost.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by crazyonelost View Post
    What is an os?
    When you start your computer it flashes a couple words on the screen about being some kind of Apple or Windows system. What exactly does it say?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyonelost View Post
    I have this Garmin Mapsource Topomap system,which is a 3.02 version and everything works on the system except when downloading info from the Garmin Etrex GPS. It says it failed to download. I have tried to reset my settings and everything looks ok.

Is there anything else I can try to make this system works. This is the only Topo program I have that I know will work for my Etrex. I know the system is about 10 years old but wonders if I still can save it

Thanks Ron
    I had a similar problem, and it turned out that I needed to let THEM (software and gizmo) id which comm or serial port THEY wanted to use. When you're setting up the transfer, there's a little drop down that says something like auto search, or, well, I don't remember. But, it might be that. It's easy to try, anyway. Good luck!

Pringles
    Last edited by Pringles; 08-21-2010 at 18:08.

Serial Hiker
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    When you start your computer it flashes a couple words on the screen about being some kind of Apple or Windows system. What exactly does it say?
    You're a saint!
    perrito

684.4 down, 1507.6 to go.

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
    I had a similar problem, and it turned out that I needed to let THEM (software and gizmo) id which comm or serial port THEY wanted to us. When you're setting up the transfer, there's a little drop down that says something like auto search, or, well, I don't remember. But, it might be that. It's easy to try, anyway. Good luck!

Pringles
    Yeah, that's good to check out. It's also possible that your cable or port(s) died. That's a little hard to check unless you have extra cables and another computer with a serial port. I'm also having problems with my old Vista. It still works, but unfortunately I can't upload anything to it. That's what lead me to buying a new Garmin.

I never thought of the usb cord going bad. I will try and check on the port and cable in a bit.

++ New Posts ++