WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Looking For Kat

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Looking For Kat

I am looking for a female hiker that stayed with me last week, she goes by the trail name of "Kat." She also has a service dog by the name of "Choice."

Kat is a very impressive lady, she hiked the entire Florida Trail, then hopped about the Alabama Pinhoti Trail, and then did the approach trail and hiked from Springer to here. She started in January

She has a seizure disorder from a past head trauma, so she takes her time hiking because she has a lot of pain and so forth.

I was really impressed with her, she helped me tremendously while she was here and I was hoping that she would want to stay here this winter. I felt very compatible with her.

I upset her about her dog because I did not like the dog barking at me and she decided that she had to continue on hiking instead of laying the winter out and healing. I should have kept my mouth shut, but I am a man and that is that.

So if any of you happen to come across her path I would like for you to have her call me if you will and if she will.

And one more request is that if you happen to meet her and she asks you for assistance please be kind enough to aide her and I will compensate you if she cannot. She has money but it is limited.......

Tow all you had to do is whack the dog on the nose and show him who the pack leader is.

You go ahead and try that cutesy **** on any of my dogs, john gault, and you'll find that YOU will be the one nursing your nose. Provoke someone else's dog and deal with the consequences - either when you get bitten by the dog because you were idiotic enough to harass it or assaulted by the owner for having the audacity to strike his dog.

That would be like me punching some parent's kid in the face because the puling whelp in the grocery store checkout line won't shut up.

I guess I should have used one of those emoticons. However, if your dog were to run and jump at me the first thing I would do is whack him on the nose and if that didn't work then the dog is in for real pain. But the last time I had a dog run and jump at me while running on the beach the whack on the nose was sufficient. BTW, he was a pretty big dog, probably at least 80lbs. I wouldn't whack a little chow-chow (or whatever you call them) for running and jumping at me.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    You go ahead and try that cutesy **** on any of my dogs, john gault, and you'll find that YOU will be the one nursing your nose. Provoke someone else's dog and deal with the consequences - either when you get bitten by the dog because you were idiotic enough to harass it or assaulted by the owner for having the audacity to strike his dog.

That would be like me punching some parent's kid in the face because the puling whelp in the grocery store checkout line won't shut up.
    I knew that was coming.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

So many trails... so little time. Many Walks's Avatar

Well TOW, there goes your thread. A few more posts and it will be all about dogs in shelters, guns on the trail, and Leki poles. Hope you find her. Good luck!
    That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest. Henry David Thoreau

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Many Walks View Post
    Well TOW, there goes your thread. A few more posts and it will be all about dogs in shelters, guns on the trail, and Leki poles. Hope you find her. Good luck!
    Wasn't that Leaking dogs in shelters? As for guns on the trail, I ALWAYS try to pick trash up off the trail!

Just sayin'.

Good luck TOW.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Quote Originally Posted by Many Walks View Post
    No, we're just keeping the thread alive so TOW can find his girl friend

So many trails... so little time. Many Walks's Avatar

Very nice of you!
    That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest. Henry David Thoreau

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by john gault View Post
    Tow all you had to do is whack the dog on the nose and show him who the pack leader is.
    I learned a long time ago that it is best that the owner needs to be in control. Even though it is my house and I am the pack leader that dog let me know that he was happy enough to be there but that he was there for one reason only and that was to help her and protect her and if that meant him growling and barking at me every time I walked past her bed room at night then he was going to let me know it.....

It it was me.. I'd drive up to Elk Garden and see if/when she signed that trail register and then drive over to the Partnership Shelter and leave her a note in that trail register.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by couscous View Post
    It it was me.. I'd drive up to Elk Garden and see if/when she signed that trail register and then drive over to the Partnership Shelter and leave her a note in that trail register.
    I am unable to go out there and find her due to a seven day a week work schedule but if anyone here is hiking from atkins and heading back this way and run into her please tell her for me that she can return if she wants because i sure would like it if she did.....

Journal Entries
    Images

she may be past atkins as well but i do not think she is hiking that fast due to an injury...

Journal Entries
    Images

i understand she is past atkins so i am hoping that some one that looks at this thread that is going hiking north of atkins who runs into her will tell her about this thread....

++ New Posts ++