WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

:banana Eastern Continental Trail

I've been following Lil Buddha's journey on trailjournals.com and it sounds like he is about to finish the ECT. I wonder if the SIA/IAT sponsored him to hike this route. Does anyone know?

Also, I read that the first person was John Brinda, and then Nimblewill Nomad hiked the ECT second and is perhaps the most famous hiker, but apparently Lil Buddha will be the first person to hike the new route of the ECT, because he will have hiked Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and also Newfoundland which were just added recently.

According to the SIA/IAT website, that is big news since he is the first and they seem to be really making a big deal out of his hike. I think they are gearing up to make a case to extend the trail over into Greenland, Europe and then Morocco.

Registered User lonewolftrekker's Avatar

hey Moment, whats up bro, havent seen you since TN... as for Lil Buddha, I dont really know whats up with him.
    stumbling goes the hippie.
    howling goes the wolf.
    i am stumble wolf

NOBO toBennington, VT plus 187 mi in MH & ME
    Images

I HATE the dancing banana!!
    Grinder
    AT hiker : It's the journey, not the destination

Scott Williamson was the first to hike the ECT route, before thw IAT. He was stopped a couple days short of his goal of Canada - for no other reason than his only route at the time were private logging roads- from which he was removed.

I read that the first person was John Brinda, and then Nimblewill Nomad hiked the ECT second and is perhaps the most famous hiker, but apparently Lil Buddha will be the first person to hike the new route of the ECT, because he will have hiked Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and also Newfoundland which were just added recently. According to the SIA/IAT website, that is big news since he is the first and they seem to be really making a big deal out of his hike. I think they are gearing up to make a case to extend the trail over into Greenland, Europe and then Morocco. Scott Williamson was the first to hike the ECT route, before thw IAT. He was stopped a couple days short of his goal of Canada - for no other reason than his only route at the time were private logging roads- from which he was removed.

++ New Posts ++