WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default ems velocity 1 tent?

hey guys,

does anyone have this tent? has anyone thru'd with it?

i like that it's freestanding, packs down small, and doesn't hit the wallet as hard.

i'm not looking for other tent recommendations or whether I should go lighter - there are plenty of threads on those topics. i just want to hear people's knowledge/experience with this tent.

mil gracias-

I stand with bandit and would also appreciate anyones prior experience on this tent model. I am in the research stage of organizing a thru hike, either a southbound 2011 or a 2012 northbound. I was impressed with the logistics of this tent and notices good reviews but they were from people only using them for up to a maximum of 15 times that i read upon. Has anyone thrud with this model, did it hold up?

thanks much;
    -fresh

while were on the topic was the flooring on this a bathtub style?

3 lb. 6 oz. isn't UL. Looks like a take-off of seedhouse 1. I know that they are reliable in the worst of storms if pitched completly.

If you're not a very big person, I think you'd like to take a look at this one, too http://www.rei.com/product/761891?pr...:referralID=NA
    I like the pole structure better (I'm not a big fan of hubs - they tend to stress the pole tips).
    The Tarptent Moment or the Lightheart Gear solo would be tops on my list if I liked sleeping on the ground.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

++ New Posts ++