WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Alcohol/woodburning stove

Hi I was wondering what is a good very simple alcohol/woodburning stove that i could order and have delivered by friday or saturday at the latest. Im doing the CT part of the AT solo leaving Saturday and wanted something too fool around with, cook, and stay warm since you cant have open fires. I know its not to hard to make your own but i really dont have any time to do that. Also i was wondering if you can put on other pots on alcohol/ woodburning stoves like a stainless steel pot?

Images

Send a PM to Zelph here on WB and see if he can fix you up.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Could always make your own, you'll have one in 2 hours max. Just made myself one actually

Images

Check out the new Vargo titanium wood stove, not cheap but high quality, plan on using in colder weather, done with stoves and fuel, looking forward to natural fuel, when needed. On no-cook mode this year, happier that way!

I have and recommend the Bushcooker from Four Dog Stoves, give Don a call and I am sure he can rush you one.

Registered User Diet Orange Soda's Avatar

Has anyone used the JetBoil system and what did you think about it

Images

I have the JetBoil and love it. I'm currently making and using multiple alcohol stove and thinking about wood burners.

The JetBoil is great is you want fast boiling water(2 min), no hassles, and reliable. the only down side is you don't really get to play with fire.

If you read the Trail Journals several people thru hike with a canister stove of some sort such as JetBoil.

Doc Mike

Sorry, I caught this a little late, but I make and sell stoves of 100% recycled materials, that are solid, HOT, and better priced than anyone else's I've seen so far. CT, if you order from me and mention you saw this on Whiteblaze, I'll even throw in a penny stove that works with my pot stand.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thegreateststuff

++ New Posts ++