WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Happy Hiker Atkins Va

We regret to inform you that Happy Hiker Hollow in Atkins Va. Will be closed until June 2012. They have closed off our road at Rt. 11 for repairs to the bridge-which means we have to go 5 miles around to get 1 mile away. We had decided to close for a season to do repairs regroup ect.But the road closing verified it.
    Our shuttle driver is still up and running-Skip-276-7833604.
    The Barn resturant right at the trailhead holds boxes for free,they try to keep a hiker box also. They also have free parking.
    The Shell offers showers and some resupply-The Exxon offers resupply and internet.Relax Inn offers laundry. There is a Comfort Inn 2 miles toward Marion on Rt.11 that has breakfast with stay.
    Happy Trails. Rambunny & Aqua

Rambunny - sorry to hear that. Stayed with you this year and was sick (stomach bug) at the time. Zero'd there and rode back to Damascus with Aqua for Trail Days on Saturday (parade day). Really enjoyed my stay there - excellent food and company! That stretch around Atkins was really tough for me due to being ill. Climbed MtK on 9/15 this year. Best wishes to you and Aqua!

Quote Originally Posted by rambunny View Post
    They have closed off our road at Rt. 11 for repairs to the bridge-which means we have to go 5 miles around to get 1 mile away. We had decided to close for a season to do repairs regroup ect.But the road closing verified it.
    Well sound like it was some really good timing. Reminds me of a bike trip I was on a couple years ago. Riding south on Hwy 17 I kept seeing signs for road work, nothing new, so I kept going and when I got there the bridge across the St. Mary's river was closed I don't remember how far I had to ride, but it was a ways to another bike-accessible bridge

Images

Thumbs up

Next year's hikers will be missing out on a very fine place! But glad to hear you'll be back in business the following year.

I sure enjoyed my stay this summer!

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Wow, good thing I search your hostel here. I was planning on stopping here on my spring section hike. Good Luck!

Images

sorry to hear, rambunny.... I was hoping to see you when I come back before traildays.. I sure appreciate the help from last year. My ankle has healed nicely, thanks!

Also sad to hear but understand. I had a great time there the food and fellowship was great. I did get some weight back on after leaving your place but ended up getting of the trail in Bennington Vt.. I trust all is going well

++ New Posts ++