WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

The sad thing about this, and other extremist actions taken to protest the destruction of our environment is that, most often, this is the only way that these stories of the destruction of the environment even make it to the first page of the newspaper, or even in the newspaper at all. If people didn't firebomb the houses, do you think that there would have even been a news report on the subject of the bogs being destroyed?

These people that choose a method of "terrorism" to speak out do so because they are backed into a corner, or just feel that they have little other choice to get their point across. I certainly don't condone it, but the sad fact is that these "vigilantes" know that this is the only action that will really make this story newsworthy. It is what will bring their cause into the spotlight. Sure, try civil disobedience. Try non-violent protests. People have non-violent protests over environmental distruction, practically, on a daily basis. What becomes of it? Nothing - - it's not exciting news. It's not the big story.

Our media picks and chooses what news we see and hear, usually within a 30 minute time-frame, because God forbid we interrupt CSI or Survivor 85,000 with some kind of breaking news. People would riot (as they practically did in Houston a couple of weeks ago when a breaking news report cut off the last 15 minutes of CSI. So many people wrote in to complain that the broadcasting company issued a public apology and rebroadcast the entire episode).

Long story short, people don't care to hear about, do anything about, or even report about our continuous destruction of the environment. It should be at the top of the list, not too far under education, but it isn't even an issue. So.......in the long and short run, you can expect activities like this to increase, not just with the environment, though...but also with every other issue that is neglected by the media and the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Wookie
    nobel peace prize winner values trees
    Cool!

But the story didn't say how many houses she burned.

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock

Well I am probably preaching to def ears, so I'll shut up now.
    LOL....very good..but I hear U loud and clear...

and as U always say folks who think they disagree ...agree more than they think

and I agree with U...I know that U have seen lost of death and destruction...it's not a pretty sight...

I agree we don't want the USA to de-volve (state of GA doesn't believe in evoulution int the first place HAHA) ..into having to fight to have a decent place to live,,,but I Fear that we are already going down that Pig path...
    but which side is making the mess and causing the first strike??

My home is the planet earth...I am a citizen of Earth, the USA just happens to be the political enity that is control this particular land mass upon which I was borned and live. therefore my first loyalty is to EARTH, my home, when someone attacks your home EARTH when do you fight back to defend your home???

Most here have agreed that they would fight and kill to defend thier home, what is so different about fighting to save your earth home???

If we don't defend our earth home and protect it against eco-destroyers..
    then U will not be needing that house, which is just a building, cause someone will have destroyed your home, earth. so we agree, we would both defend our home.

as to the Leon Uris reference, Mila 18 is the story of a jewish ghetto in WWII
    I was not comparing the holocaust to the fire bombing of a house,,

Mr Uris used the setting/context of the polish ghetto to ask explore the bigger isssue of WHEN does a people stand up and fight. that is what MILA 18 is actually about.
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

Images

Regardless of who is responsible for burning those houses it was an act of terrorism. If it was the environmentalists, is that really a sensible plan of action to help protect our resources and land? It's pure stupidity and shows serious lack of judgment. It is not going to make any one take notice in a positive way and further the cause for protecting this Earth. They are no better than the terrorist cowardly dogs who are responsible for 9/11 or the Oklahoma City bombings. Would any one say those causes were furthered by actions such as that? I sure as hell didn't turn Muslim or kill my Senator nor do I have anything but extreme disgust for those responsible. Yes it got lots of media attention....all negative!

I am a very strong advocate for protecting our Earth, I write my elected officials, I write companies, I protest, I boycott, if I had money I would buy land or contribute to those who would to protect the land and species upon it but I draw the line at lowering myself, my values and my integrity by committing an act of terror to get my point across and I used to live in Chemical Valley WV I still didn't burn Dupont down or kill the CEO no matter how angry, upset or frustrated I would get. Some battles are lost yes but many are won. If you want theses stories to make the news in a humane intelligent way why don't you stop posting so much here, stop reading so many books you can quote the Abbey like Baptist do the Bible and start getting out and doing something constructive.

And as far as protecting my children and family if someone were to come to my house and try to harm them no matter the "great" cause, I think a quick killing shows too much mercy, a long drawn out skinning alive or crushing would be much better.

Nothing is resolved with acts of terrorism.

Whitedove:

What is your viewpoint on the Boston Tea Party and the British perspective on that?

We have an unprecedented sprawl rate in America happening at a time when global deforestation is starting to show negative effects on a world scale. Could you show me something that will slow or control this in your logic?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks 'n Roots
    What is your viewpoint on the Boston Tea Party and the British perspective on that?
    THOSE GAHDAMNED INDIANS!

I agree with Roots, what a great accomplishment!

tHE insurance adjusters are already on-site. The framers and carpenters have been re-scheduled. 24/7 security guards have just been contracted. Anybody want to bet against me? I'll take your money.

Registered Troll
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks 'n Roots
    Whitedove:

His view is that the Boston Tea Party was an act of terrorism. So was the firing on British soldiers by minuitemen. Why, those reckless criminals should have worked from within the Crown and lawfully petitioned the King with their greivances.

Quote Originally Posted by steve hiker
    His view is that the Boston Tea Party was an act of terrorism. So was the firing on British soldiers by minuitemen. Why, those reckless criminals should have worked from within the Crown and lawfully petitioned the King with their greivances.
    And with Steve Hiker on your side, Rocky baby, you're in some fine company now.

Images

My opinion on the Brits and the Boston Tea Party. LOL kind of stretching WAY back in the history books aren't you? But that is very good to do, we can learn alot from the past. It doesn't matter what my opinion is about at all because as far as I am concerned the bottom line is that sacrificing human beings in the name of Mother Nature is a cowardice act.

>>We have an unprecedented sprawl rate in America happening at a time when global deforestation is starting to show negative effects on a world scale. Could you show me something that will slow or control this in your logic<<

Global deforestation on a world scale? Yes you are very correct in that. My logic?? you mean in other ways then burning and killing people? Maybe you need to reread my post, its all there.

So are you saying as a world power we should go wipe out not only the sprawl here in America but maybe a few other nations as well. Let's see maybe take the first borns? Is that enough? How do you propose to cut the sprawl? What is it that you do to help fight this deforestation yourself?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Clark
    And with Steve Hiker on your side, Rocky baby, you're in some fine company now.

yea I disagree with steve hiker on the race issue..but U can fix that ...introduce him to some nice girls and he'd get over that issue real quick.
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

http://www.myspace.com/officialbillville Mountain Dew's Avatar

Old Fhart...Forget about me ever asking you to chime in on a topic again. Your answer was better than anything I could have come up with in weeks if ever.
    ---------------
    Lone Wolf... "Some men are men. Other men are liberal pussies." --- hahahaaaaa and you Lone Wolf.....How do you always say in one sentense what takes others a paragraph ? Trully hilarious comment. Forgive me for anything I ever said about your Harley..... lol
    ----------------
    [B]bloodroot[/B]....."No it's those who stand up for themselves and those who sit back in the corner sucking their thumbs in the fetal position." --- Are you LW's son ? FUNNY
    ----------------
    Baltimore Jack..."Considering the content and wit of some of your posts, I'd haveta say that Christmas on Whiteblaze just came early. Bon voyage."--- oh man.....I bet even the victim of that laughed after reading the comment.
    -------------------
    Wookie aka The WB member who takes up for attempted murderers while calling them "misguided".
    Wookie, "Did you learn that kind of talk at Dallas Baptist University, where you studied "criminal law" as an undergrad?--- Glad to see you capitalized the name of my well respected school and showed it the respect it deserves. No, I didn't learn "that kind of talk" at D.B.U. Learning to take up for my rights as a person and as an American started early in life and it continues to this day. It's not to late for you to start this journey.
    Wookie, "Please, why don't you give us a lecture in character? --- You wouldn't comprehend it muchless even recognize it as english. Now I know you do alot for charity work for kids, but you show terrible character on this topic.
    Wookie, "Killing? Getting "even" with guns? Slandering a fellow's girlfriend on the internet? What other tidbits of wisdom can you share with us? ---I'm glad to see you changed the word to "kill" and thus used the proper term. Well , your second sentence there ruined it. You think defending ones house and the life of ones family is getting even. Now what did you say about defining character ? I slandered your girlfriend ? Hardly. I used your words so if that slandered her then that's your doing.
    THE Mairnttt...Boys of Dryland '03 (an unplanned Billville suburb)
    http://www.AT2003.com
    [email protected]
    http://www.myspace.com/hudson_hartson

Registered Troll
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtnsteve
    yea I disagree with steve hiker on the race issue..but U can fix that ...introduce him to some nice girls and he'd get over that issue real quick.
    I know (and have "known") several very nice White girls. Thus I have no interest in negros.

But to get back on topic. If your life was threatened, would you "play nice" or do what you have to to survive? Sure, the firebombing of one environmentally destructive subdivision will not in itself save the Earth. But it's a damn good start, as an attention getter at the very least. As someone pointed out earlier, would the media have ever carried this story if not for this act of sensationalism?

Environmentalism has to be PUSHED as an issue or we will all die before our time is due, as a species. Some may say, "Look we're already in the 6th major extinction event in Earth's history so Let's Party and loot what's there while we have time." But for the rest of us, me included, I'd like to preserve and enjoy what's left of this wonderful world in the little time we have left.

Images

----------------
    Baltimore Jack..."Considering the content and wit of some of your posts, I'd haveta say that Christmas on Whiteblaze just came early. Bon voyage."--- oh man.....I bet even the victim of that laughed after reading the comment.
    -------------------
    .[/QUOTE]

yea. I laugh at it all...i'm lucifer's advocate and it's really hot down here...that's why I'm going to AK for a while, so I kin cool off

Images

Quote Originally Posted by steve hiker
    As someone pointed out earlier, would the media have ever carried this story if not for this act of sensationalism?

Environmentalism has to be PUSHED as an issue or we will all die before our time is due, as a species. Some may say, "Look we're already in the 6th major extinction event in Earth's history so Let's Party and loot what's there while we have time." But for the rest of us, me included, I'd like to preserve and enjoy what's left of this wonderful world in the little time we have left.
    well we certainly agree on those two points and two outa three ain't bad

http://www.myspace.com/officialbillville Mountain Dew's Avatar

Default easy mark

Blue Jay...You calling me Illiterate all the while making several grammar mistakes yourself is like a person calling another "stuped". Thanks for doing the easy work of once again exposing your limitless ignorance to the masses.
    THE Mairnttt...Boys of Dryland '03 (an unplanned Billville suburb)
    http://www.AT2003.com
    [email protected]
    http://www.myspace.com/hudson_hartson

American Idiot
    Images

If the environmental wackos did do this, it's kind of ironic they heavily damaged the environment in order to 'save' it.
    How many more of our soldiers must die in Iraq?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew
    Blue Jay...You calling me Illiterate all the while making several grammar mistakes yourself is like a person calling another "stuped". Thanks for doing the easy work of once again exposing your limitless ignorance to the masses.
    No edit button, however my syntax was correct. Your problem is more content than grammer. Actually, since you brought it up, you are also stuped.

Damn, I miss that edit button. A wise man could be stumped on a hard question and not be able to answer correctly, some people could know the correct answer but still not be able to answer correctly because they cannot form a sentence. That person is stuped.

I know I missed the ";".

Default Well, smoky...

"There are circumstances in which suicide presents a viable option; a workable alternative; the only sensible solution."

Well, with all your apparently insoluble problems (chief among them being an almost total unwillingness to consider new views of nearly intractable issues), all I can say about that is:

We'll (some of us, anyway) miss you!
    ================================================
    Zephyr1034, you posted that this arson terrorism is probably not ELF's due to their not claiming credit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they often or typically act in a totally decentralized manner, where active individuals or cells mostly don't know anyone else in that part of the movement, let alone closely communicate or coordinate with them? I remember reading a line someone quoted from an ALF-sympathetic site, which read that 'anyone who does an act of animal liberation in ALF's name is an ALF member', or some such.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++