WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus

Is this a good pack for carrying about 20-25 pounds? And Since it has the metal stays does i need to use a Ridge Rest as the frame?
    Thanks Spencer

I believe Gossamer Gear's website lists it as being able to carry up to 30lbs comfortably. After watching Gossamer Gear's videos about their packs on their website you'll see that they include a SitLight pad to use as padding between you and the frame, as well as to keep things in your pack from poking you in the back. You could, of course, use any pad you like in the pad straps.

I have carried 22 in my older Mariposa Plus with the Carbon Fiber stays with good results. Like DBRIGGS9 said they come with a sitlight pad for the back panel but can be used with just about any pad folded up. With the stays, the pad is more about comfort that it is about weight transfer.

How did you pack it Mocs123?

Hike smarter, not harder.

Quote Originally Posted by ssr41 View Post
    Is this a good pack for carrying about 20-25 pounds? And Since it has the metal stays does i need to use a Ridge Rest as the frame?
    Thanks Spencer
    It's a great pack for 20-25#. For me, it was head and shoulders more comfortable than my Exos 46 (which got sold), or my Jam2. I use an inflatable pad (POE Ether Thermo 6), so I just leave the sit pad in the back. I guess I could partially inflate the POE and put it in the pad pocket, but that's just more effort than I want to go to.
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

++ New Posts ++