WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default planning AT Get togethers and shows for next Year

The notice for the Gathering came too late, I would like to attend a mixer and vendor show next year and need to plan ahead,

These meets pull it together on the same weekends each year - Georgia is a bit of a drive, but not impossible and Sept (Stink Bug Season) wouldn't work... So what would you recommend?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

The closest event to you is probably the PA Ruck which I presumed is re-named now that it's been moved -at least for next year - to the Blackburn Center in Northern Virginia. It's held in late January. You can find some details here on WB or send a message to Starlyte who coordinates it. Perhaps you can also contact CamoJack who lives near you and always attends.

It's more of a get-together than a vendor show but you'll have a good time meeting people and enjoying the programs.

Journal Entries
    Images

Very Cool anything else I should be aware of?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Very Cool anything else I should be aware of?
    The Billville 'Winter Warmer'. It's like a cabin fever get together with approximately 25-30 hikers that seems to grow each year. This annual event is held at 'The Doyle Hotel' in Duncannon PA. I was told it will probably be held the last weekend in February but date has not yet been ‘officially’ posted here by Chomp.., comon' Chomp. The event usually involves a lot of late night BS'ing over booze on Friday evenings followed on Saturday morning with a sober-up day hike and/or work trip. I'm guessing work trip maybe down to the AT museum and the day hike probably somewhere north of Duncannon. Saturday evening features more partying with possible seminars/movies about the AT or some other trails, along with Mattie’s art show and auction in one or two rooms. Pat said he may try to bring in some entertainment for the bar and I told him don’t bother we bring our own

NOTE: Since the hotel owners Pat & Vickey have commandeered the banquet room on the second floor as their new home we have been informed that donut hockey in the hallways will no longer be permitted, however, as usual, Tarlin toss is

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    The closest event to you is probably the PA Ruck which I presumed is re-named now that it's been moved -at least for next year - to the Blackburn Center in Northern Virginia. It's held in late January. You can find some details here on WB or send a message to Starlyte who coordinates it. Perhaps you can also contact CamoJack who lives near you and always attends.

It's more of a get-together than a vendor show but you'll have a good time meeting people and enjoying the programs.
    well Cookerhiker kinda got the wrong place in his head - see http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66351 for details but the "mid atlantic" ruck is at Bears Den and not Blackburn

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

You got the Winter Warmer all wrong. Saturday night is punctuated by fine poetry and fabulous prizes.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Journal Entries
    Images

wow I gave up on this thread.... weird how its on top today.

Woo

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    wow I gave up on this thread.... weird how its on top today.
    Wise Old Owl, you may keep in mind some of next years events. Southern Ruck coming up in Jan, 7th Annual Hiker Fool Bash Weekend in Franklin,NC April 1st & 2nd.

Journal Entries
    Images

Thanks ron!

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Newb View Post
    You got the Winter Warmer all wrong. Saturday night is punctuated by fine poetry and fabulous prizes.
    Darn, how'd I forget that?

++ New Posts ++