Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Go Girl

I did a rafting trip last summer, where I got into a discussion with another woman about FUDs. She had a different brand from my Go Girl. You should have seen the eyes of the guys, and their blushing. It was "cute."

I have the Go Girl and have practiced with it (a whole weekend of "if you go, you use the Go Girl"). I just can't bring myself to use it on the trail as I have no faith that while wearing clothing, it'll go horribly wrong. I have a couple of other FUDs, including the Wishbone version and the HEET version (when people say they're into crafts, they may not all mean knitting and scrapbooking). Those with long "exits" work better, but they're harder to store inconspicuously. Maybe I need to practice for more than a weekend.

Pringles

I agree - it's toooo flexible. I ended up buying a P-Style and like it alot better. I'm still not a complete convert, but I could see instances where it would be handy. For the most part, I think a nice size bush works best.

tf
    www.postholer.com/Turtle Feet
    Follow me as I crawl the A.T.
    Life is an adventure or nothing at all ~ Hellen Keller

Journal Entries

Hi Lizzie - I tried gogirl and it didn't work for me. My invention is a 16 oz peanut butter jar with snack baggie attached with rubber band on outside. Keep a wet super wow type cloth in baggie and then after you pee, wipe yourself clean. With shorts you can pee and no one knows what you're up to or sew 7 inch zippers in crotch of hiking pants and you are prepared anywhere. I walk 7 miles every morning and always go once or twice with cars whizzing by, I just stop and act like I am looking at a flower on the side of the sidewalk. Works on the trail also when you get up in the shelter and don't want to hike to the privy. Just clean cloth with soap and water at end of day. Turtle

Journeyman Journeyer
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by abelquist View Post
    ... always go once or twice with cars whizzing by ...
    Haha, I see what you did there.

The silicone FUDs require a gentle holding or the silicone can be misshapened. I love the way mine "cups" the area, but I am more consistently drip-free with the p-style. Since I sew a long zipper in the crotch of all my hiking pants, I have minimal exposure and don't even have to take my backpack off to pee.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Any body having much success with the FUD "Pibella"? Got great reviews....but after 3 weeks of "practice", I'm at 75% successful....not good enough to take on the trail next month.

Quote Originally Posted by kbstock View Post
    Any body having much success with the FUD "Pibella"? Got great reviews....but after 3 weeks of "practice", I'm at 75% successful....not good enough to take on the trail next month.
    I tried it a few times and gave up... leaked around the seal so decided I'd stick to what works.

Just a thought for all you ladies - I wear hiking skirts and dresses to avoid this issue. People think I do it to "keep cute" but it's really because it is more convenient. Must be a dress or skirt NOT skorts. No squatting and always covered - just hold my exofficios to the side and no issues at all.

I ordered a Pibella and it came yesterday. So far practicing at home, it's working for me but the next test obviously needs to be in the field. I like the idea of skirt, but I normally wear pants to avoid brambles and sun exposure (which I'm way over quota on from a life of loving the outdoors and growing up in Florida).

Thank you, Ladies! I had *no idea* something like Go Girl was even out there. I will definitely give this a try! I love the outdoors. The pee squat: not so much ...

I use the “Sani-fem”. Awful name, but great product. It packs down a little, cleans easily, doesn’t cut into or pinch tissue, isn’t so flexible it squishes up at the wrong time, is a neutral color so it doesn’t draw the eyes attention. Practiced a few times in shower, then back yard. Now it lives in car for emergencies when I’m not hiking. I store it in a pouch made from an old wool sock ( anti odor properties). Really has made life a little easier. It is tricky going to pee as a woman before the leaves come out, I feel much less exposed with this product. Best to you!

https://www.rei.com/product/407267/s...minine-urinary

Journal Entries

I hated my GoGirl and came up with my own invention I call mini-bidet. Cleaner, more accurate and I even use while walking 7 miles on the streets in the morning at home. Use a 16 oz peanut butter jar, shammy cloth, snack baggie and rubber band and you are set all day. I wash at night after collecting water. Have even used on a river rafting trip in Nepal where the guide said, Men to the right and Women to the left - I was able to stand and no one knew what I was up to. If you put 7 inch zipper in the crotch of your hiking pants you can stand anywhere.

After numerous multi day backpacking trips last year, I found squatting way more preferable to fiddling around with the Go Girl. Much quicker to see if anyone is around, squat and use pee rag...than fumbling with the device.
    Just my opinion.
    We don’t stop hiking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop hiking.
    - Finis Mitchell

https://lighterpack.com/r/6yyu2j

I love my Pstyle. Go girl was a fail for me. Basically had to get undressed just to use it. P-style was perfect for slipping up the leg of the shorts. and is easy to keep clean. Plus will keep boys away if you are tired and a guy wont take a hint to hike on. Just pee standing up... You'll never see him again. LOL!!!

I love my Pstyle. Go girl was a fail for me. Basically had to get undressed just to use it. P-style was perfect for slipping up the leg of the shorts. and is easy to keep clean. Plus will keep boys away if you are tired and a guy wont take a hint to hike on. Just pee standing up... You'll never see him again. LOL!!!

I'm a little curious though if by cutting the bottle causes any discomfort/pain from the rough cut plastic? I may be like way off here lol

I passed on my first chance to try this but, now giving it another look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++