WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: New England

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CTGuy View Post
    That sounds good or Racebrook falls in Sheffield to Great Barrington on the AT in Mass or Bulls Bridge to depot hill road is nice on the AT in NY or even the tunxis trail would be really nice since it is really close. Let me know if anyone is looking to go on a hike before that, as i have plenty of time to go.
    Make that a 2-3 day hike and go from
    Undermountain rd in CT to great Barrington and that seems like a fun trip.

I love the Tunxis in winter, don't have to twist my arm for that one(especially since it's about 20 minutes from my house). But am more than willing to go some place new as well. The closer it is to home the better, as my weekends free seem to be getting fewer and fewer.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

Images

I like the idea of the Taconics. May be able to do it weekend after next, when I return from vaca, weather permitting.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Images

I really want to goooo but I have to watch the sister that weekend. I'm hoping I can get out that last weekend in Jan. Maybe the Tunxis trail? I'd really like to do that one.
    AT 2010 Feb26-Aug14
    'Crash Course'

How good does a female athlete have to be before we just call her an athlete? ~Author Unknown

For the last weekend of Jan I have the 28th available for an overnight but that's it sadly. Planing on the Tunxis. Your are welcome to join me, but I have other commitments that weekend so It will only be Friday night the 28th for me.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

I would be up for doing an overnight on the tunxis trail then. I have Wednesday through friday off this weekend and probably Tuesday to Friday or Saturday next week if anyone is looking to do some kind of hiking trip then.

Lillianp-
    I'm doing a hike into Duncannon from the 501 shelter with Sasquatch for the Winter Warmer at The Doyle hotel on the last weekend of Feb. (hiking Thurs. / overnight Thurs. night / into Duncannon Fri. pm for the Warmer.
    You're welcome to come along if you can make it to RI.
    Offer is open to others, too.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Lillianp-
    I'm doing a hike into Duncannon from the 501 shelter with Sasquatch for the Winter Warmer at The Doyle hotel on the last weekend of Feb. (hiking Thurs. / overnight Thurs. night / into Duncannon Fri. pm for the Warmer.
    Hey I'm in on that Warmer Hike as well.

I'm heading out this weekend for a short hike, and at the end of the month I'm heading out for a Harpers Ferry to Front Royal, Va which is a nice winter hike for a few days.

Still looking for something else if anyone is game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Lillianp-
    Oops!
    Sasquatch reminded me that the hike into the warmer is from Rte. 325, not 501. I figured that we couldn't possibly hike over 40 miles in two days in the short days of winter.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++