WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Cresta Hikers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Images

Default Cresta Hikers?

Re; LL Bean Cresta Hikers

Anyone with weak rolling ankles using these heavy boots any more?

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Cresta Hikers

I now own a pair. I did not use them during my thru but I hike with them now. Probably got 250 miles on them and I like them.
    Grampie-N->2001

Great boot that gives a lot of ankle support but a bit heavy. I was really glad to have them when I got caught in a heavy snow in the Smokies one spring. I used them for several years on the AT on different section hikes and still use them for work around the yard. swamp dawg

Images

I love my Crestas. They are a bit heavy, but I haven't had a moments trouble out of them. But, if / when I do, they are LL Bean, send them back and they will fix them or send me new ones.
    My name is Tabasco and I approve this message.

Images

Default Love them

Hey Wally, that is all I hike and work on the trail in. Love em love em love em. Sweet break in (almost none) a bit pricey and a bit heavy but IMHO worth it for this old man. See you in April in Framington.
    Life is what happens while you are making other plans. John Lennon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by WalkinHome View Post
    Hey Wally, that is all I hike and work on the trail in. Love em love em love em. Sweet break in (almost none) a bit pricey and a bit heavy but IMHO worth it for this old man. See you in April in Framington.
    The near zero break in was a plus for me, I have two pairs. I guess I will use the second pair as a back up if the first ones wear out. I assume they will in 2000 miles.

I am finally going to thru hike this March, reservations all made, so I guess I will miss the MATC meeting this year. At least I hope so.

Wally

Images

Default They will

Quote Originally Posted by walkin' wally View Post
    The near zero break in was a plus for me, I have two pairs. I guess I will use the second pair as a back up if the first ones wear out. I assume they will in 2000 miles.

I am finally going to thru hike this March, reservations all made, so I guess I will miss the MATC meeting this year. At least I hope so.

Wally
    I had my second pair sent to West Point (Bear Mountain Bridge area) and that was the limit of my old ones. I even used some sort of extra, paint on covering (via a bump box) on the toe cap to help resist all the scuffing with limited success. My hiking partner, Wacky-Jackie changed hers out at Delaware Water Gap at the church hostel. Good luck!!
    Life is what happens while you are making other plans. John Lennon

Images

I have a pair and loved them, but they were heavy. I now mostly use the Beans mtn treads, mid-height.
    Greg P.

i thru hiked this year and mine made it the whole way to maine in one piece. despite PA's best efforts. the tread is gone now so i really need to replace them. love them and they still keep my feet dry.

++ New Posts ++