WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: gracefull roll

Default gracefull roll

im posting this because its important we support a hiker in need. my friend and yours, gracefull roll, recent member of the hiking community and loved by all,..has been admitted to hospitol this morning . her doctors belive she may have accute luckemia. as of this post they are more than 50% sure. her cell phone is dead and she cant call her friends. shes alone but for her mom and wishes she could be surrounded by friends. im looking for a ride to roanoke now. i want an outpouring of support from those who can. she needs us for our emotional support alone. please if you know kristen,.call me and help me arrange for a convoy of hikers to visit. untill tommorw morning , when the doctors will be giving her the definitive answer as to whether she has this form of lukemia,we need to be ready to go there. she is in no pain but very scared and very alone. my # is 215 668 0898. i live in philadelphia minutes from I95 and my apt can be a point of departure for anyone wishing to visit her. you may have her moms cell number if you know her. call me.
    matthewski

for anyone in roenoke who could visit tonight, her name is kristen kelly. shes in the medical icu rm 878. i have the passcode and will give it to those who call me who know her. all others ask at the front desk.roenoke memorial hospitol. they have several icu's.shes in the m.i.c.u. god bless .
    matthewski

Images

if she is in ICU they may only let immediate family visit. Regardless, visiting hours for the day would be over.

Default Love to Graceful Roll

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    my friend and yours, gracefull roll, recent member of the hiking community and loved by all,..has been admitted to hospitol this morning .
    Graceful Roll, a beautiful addition to WhiteBlaze. I bumped into her a few times here. She has a knack for changing the entire personality of a thread with her humor -- she was a cheerful contender in the WhiteBlaze Diagnostic Sweepstakes. She’s been noticeably absent and I miss her.

My prognosis: good things will come her way.

ist possibly not too late to visit. shes on the phone with jester so call back with support if no answer.
    matthewski

I'm going to visit tomorrow around lunch time if she's able to see visitors. Nice gal. Met her at the Gathering.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

she can have visitors. spoke with the nurse. anyone can pray,send a pizza to the nurse station or letters ,visit or flowers. thank you all for being a community. lots of love flowing her way this eve. still looking for ride. will hitch tommorow if i cant afford a bus.
    matthewski

she can have visitors. spoke with the nurse. anyone can pray,send a pizza to the nurse station or letters ,visit or flowers. thank you all for being a community. lots of love flowing her way this eve. still looking for ride. will hitch tommorow if i cant afford a bus.
    If you need funds for the bus let me know, i'd be glad to help!

This is very sad news. I hope they are wrong and she finds out tomorrow that she is fine. I wish I had the time to take off and visit her. I wish the best for her no matter what the diagnoses.

Default hikerhead

i need a place to sleep in roanoke. if you can find me something.the greyhound bus is 14 hrs and gets in at 9:45 am friday morn to roanoke. but the amtrak is 6 hours and gets into lynchburg at 7:30 pm thursday nite if i had a ride from there to roanoke and a place i would do that. otherwise if i took the train i would take a bus from lynchburg to roanoke and arive at 10pm thurs and would need a place. it looks like the bus is my option. also im bringing food but cant afford a place in any event. if you have a place to pitch im bringin my gear. also i have no way home but will find one unless someone is returning from roanoke any day after i arrive. i will stay as long as i can,up to a week or possibly two. but will take a free ride any day after i arrive if thats what im able to do. i got 150.00$ so after the bus ill only have 35 and wont be able to chip in for gas or tolls. please dont offer money. i dont do that well. i can allways call my brother and he can wire me a bus ticket home so thats not too much of a concern. i love kristen and will comfort her for all of us. thank you all .oh, and if anyone is headed down south anytime in the next day or two i would wait for that so as to have more money to travel safe with. thanks to panzer,mrs panzer, fatchap, jester, tank, the dude ,mizirlou,hikerhead, and all who have been here for her.
    matthewski

her name is kristen kelly. shes in the medical icu rm 878.
    Graceful Roll can receive greetings via the hospital’s “E-mail a patient” service:
    http://www.carilionclinic.org/Carili...Guest+Services

Default all the plans of mice and mat

last night while i was talking to people the phone beeped.ignored it. it was the sprint shut off notice. this morning a knock at the door. the lanlord. max , just back from rehab after 3 months+has been here 5 days and leaves tommorow for austrailia to be with his mom a month , is mia 2 days.this morning makeing coffie bumped the computer charger and broke the cord.the supeena for tax court date is the 3rd. a bench warrent may be issued if i dont show.thankfull i got to alert you all to support gracefull roll. ibook is 2004 and holds a charge about 30 min. in the hands of the big man now. working the problem like a nasa team on crak.2 weeks ago gracefull roll and i were talking about living together. today she needs the love of this community. i owe everyone an apologie for being me. whiteblaze is more than a hiking fourum. its a community of exseptional people i love.
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by Mizirlou View Post
    Graceful Roll can receive greetings via the hospital’s “E-mail a patient” service:
    Matty called me last evening about Kristen. I had the pleasure of meeting 'Graceful Roll' for the first time at this years Gathering. She is a vibrant wonderful young lady with a great sense of humor and love for the trail, someone very special who very much needs our prayers and thoughts at this time. We are part of her family as she is ours. Thanks for e-mail address Mizirlou.
    Keep us posted Matty.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hikerhead View Post
    I'm going to visit tomorrow around lunch time if she's able to see visitors. Nice gal. Met her at the Gathering.
    Don, please keep us posted (publicly or privately), if you don't mind. I do not know GR, but like many send our best her way.

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

I visited with her at lunch time. She was in good spirits and in no pain. They were drawing blood when I arrived and I spend a good amount of time talking to her mom and dad in the hallway. They are great folks and in a state of shock by all of this, as any parent would be. She's in room 1031 now but that could change but please send her a card, I know she would appreciate it. Don't send flowers, she's allergic to them I think, I had to leave mine out at the nursing station.

For folks who'd like to send a real card, can someone post the correct address? Thanks.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mizirlou View Post
    Thanks for the email address. I am so shocked by this we were just hanging out at Trashgiving less than a week ago.
    Often Accused, Often Guilty but Seldom Guilty of What I am Accused.

Default kristin has our love

phat chap called late last nite( who was a chaplin). he reminded me that we die the way we live. kristen is a happy, outgoing, beautiful soul who will deal with this all. miss janet called just now and reminded me that we can allways hold out hope. for life, and for even cures, and that we all have comfort and love to give someone in this situation. spoke to gracefull roll just now and shes had a bone marrow biopsy and was tired and now is sleeping comfortably. she does have lukemia. they will now find out what type and what treatments to give. i reminded her that she impressed all of us with the beautiful energy and outgoingness and streanth and kindness she has . i asked her if talking about god helped or not and she said that she likes that. i told her even if she dosnt understand god, to think of him as a big geni who has the world in his hands.miss janet spoke with her mom and made her feel better i know. kristen has a charger for her phone so can call her friends now. she was calm and sleepy. i love gracefull roll and will give her love allways. janet is thankful hikerhead visited because she loves him alot .hes a really good guy , i know .and it makes me proud to be a part of such a group as we are.kristen seems alot stronger emotinaly today as shes way braver than i and i told her so. i told her that we are like her new adopted family and we will be here for her. she loves the hiking community she found in us and we can be of great comfort to her she knows this. in a word, shes holding together like a champ.i wrote a poem once ill share if its okay.
    cry:
    to god or to your earthly self
    to make a river of tears
    to be walked on
    or washed away by
    great torrents start with droplets
    wonderful things thru god
    were all baptized in tears

we are all the better to know each other here , and her.
    tommorow is another day.
    matthewski

so where are you right now?

The link below gives the location of the hostpital.

http://www.carilionclinic.org/Carili...pital+Location

Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
    1906 Belleview Ave - room 1031
    Roanoke, Va 24014
    540-981-7000

For cards, the above room is where she is now, it could change. If it does your card should still find her if you send it to the above room #. Please send a card or call her.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++