WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Cabela's PacLite GTS rain suit

Cabela's Reiny River Pac Lite GTX rain suits are on sale now at $99. for parka and $99. for pants. The material is light tasmanized nylon that is tough for its weight. (15 oz. for my Large, Tall parka)

I've owned this suit for 5 years and had excellent wear from it. The parka has many good design features. It does not have pit zips but has high, slanted front bockets backed with mesh. I vent my parka by unzipping the pockets which works well.

The pants have leg zippers to the knee and stuff in their own back pocket.

For a GTX PacLite parka or pants this price is truly a bargain.

I bought a Pac Lite jacket from REI last year and returned it after one trip. The polyurethane coating on the inside basically seals up the Goretex membrane. I really didn't notice much difference in breathability of that vs. Marmot's Precip. If there is any difference, it isn't enough to matter once I get heated up. Gore has some goofy ideas - coating a breathable laminate in urethane......another case where light isn't right, imo.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

++ New Posts ++