WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Why did we thru-hike?

My name is Jeff "Jolly Roger" Richardson. I did a NOBO in 2007, and now I am trying to finish my degree. In order to graduate, I must complete a survey-based research project. I am researching the reasons why peple attempt to walk 2,175 + miles, what we call a thru-hike. Below is a link to a survey I have made to find out some of the reasons thru-hikers offer for this. The survey is free, should not take 5 mins. to complete, and does not ask for any identifying information. The results found will be shared with the ATC, and other creditable trail resources.

If you decide to participate, please pass the link along to anyone else you know who has, or has attempted to thru-hike the A.T.
    Thank you for your time,
    JollyRoger

the link:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PGHZPYT

So we could spam trail forums obviously!
    No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength.

I did not intend this to be seen as spam. I simply thought these sites would provide the best and most concentrated source of thru-hikers. I appologize if this bothers anyone.

I was just being a jackass. I already filled out the survey.
    No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TheChop View Post
    I was just being a jackass. ...
    Figures. The poor guy is looking for serious input from any of the 28,125 serious hikers here on WB, and he finds you - the lone token jackass. There's always one in every bunch. [jk]

Grapefruit, meet bat.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

++ New Posts ++