WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Naked trail running

Pretty decent Nike video about their ultralight shoe, with runners going even lighter by running naked.

http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p...2bf3487_id1257

Images

Default Saw one on the AT in 06

Was approaching the James River and plodding up a steep hill when we heard, "Coming By!" called out from behind. When I turned to look there was a skinny guy running up hill with nothing beside his birthday suit except a small cap (presumably to cover private parts in the event of an embarrassing encounter) and running shoes. He said, "When I'm in nature, I like to be natural" as he zoomed by the four of us all standing with our jaws dropped. It was a topic of conversation for miles.
    Handlebar
    GA-ME 06; PCT 08; CDT 10,11,12; ALT 11; MSPA 12; CT 13; Sheltowee 14; AZT 14, 15; LT 15;FT 16;NCT-NY&PA 16; GET 17-18

Images

He would feel differently after encountering children or yellow jackets
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Images

Yeah, lot's of stuff in Virginia to scratch you up. I often regret deciding to wear shorts.
    Lemni Skate away

The trail will save my life

Journal Entries
    Images

I was looking for Tiger Woods

Quote Originally Posted by jdb View Post
    I was looking for Tiger Woods
    Please explain. Did TW recently take-up running? I don't get it.

(Hey, it's not my fault. I lead a sheltered life.)
    Roland

Journal Entries
    Images

Not that I know of.......Nike was Tigers sponsor and everyone was naked which was life as he knew it before the party ended.

Journal Entries

Were the AT on private property I might accept naked hiking. Hey I am in AANR so I like going natural. But on a public trail there is no place for it. I have to admit though on a hot sweltering summer day it might feel better than sweaty clothes plastered to my body.
    The comment about meeting children is right on though. No one has the right to subject innocents to nudity. The other thought was "what is he thinking? Whats he going to do when a ranger stops him.

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieinNH View Post
    The comment about meeting children is right on though. No one has the right to subject innocents to nudity. The other thought was "what is he thinking? Whats he going to do when a ranger stops him.
    I don't hike naked, and never will. I do have issue with this comment, though. There is nothing "evil" or "wrong" with nudity. Too many people nowadays are uptight prudes that have been brainwashed by society's "rules".

Everyone throws around the N-word (Natural) (in this case they used, "Super Natural")... oooh, ahhhh Super Natural.... Any more it's just a word used to sell a product or to guilt people into a certain lifestyle.

Live Naturally --- W-T-F does that mean, no one knows and if you ask people you'll get a blank stare, followed by some mumbling, because they use this word in the same way a parrot says "hello". Think we have problems defining Thru-hiker, that's a piece of cake...

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieinNH View Post
    Were the AT on private property I might accept naked hiking. Hey I am in AANR so I like going natural. But on a public trail there is no place for it. I have to admit though on a hot sweltering summer day it might feel better than sweaty clothes plastered to my body.

Not to get off topic from the advertisement, but you kinda opened the door. "Subject innocents to nudity"? What does that mean? You say that you're a member of the American Association for Nude Recreation so I would assume that you believe that there is nothing wrong with simple nudity. I agree that everything has it's place and there are times when nudity is not appropriate for the setting, but your statement sounds as though children would be exposed to something bad or dirty. What gives?
    Nature is best enjoyed naturally!

I work for Nike, LOVE this video!

Many years ago, hiking up out of the Grand Canyon on the Hermit Trail, all alone in the middle of no where, I slipped my shorts off and stored them between my pack and sleeping bag. As I was approaching a time of day where it might be possible that someone hiking down might pass, I went to put them back on. Not there. Panic.
    Was my lucky day though, only had to back track about 1/2 mile and there they were in the middle of the trail. And sure enough, 15 minutes later, two hikers passed me. They had no idea why I was grinning so much.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    Many years ago, hiking up out of the Grand Canyon on the Hermit Trail, all alone in the middle of no where, I slipped my shorts off and stored them between my pack and sleeping bag. As I was approaching a time of day where it might be possible that someone hiking down might pass, I went to put them back on. Not there. Panic.
    Was my lucky day though, only had to back track about 1/2 mile and there they were in the middle of the trail. And sure enough, 15 minutes later, two hikers passed me. They had no idea why I was grinning so much.
    Thanks, made me smile.

^^^ +1 funny stuff

I have no problem with people hiking naked BUT I would choose not to have to see some guy walking besides me with his wang flapping in the wind.

BUT for me and for every person here, I nor you, own the Appalachian Trail, which means that you do not have the right to push your opinions on others, whether you think they are for the good of hikers, children, or what not. If your a free spirit who thinks its better to hike naked, go for it. Just try and let me know before you come walking up behind me so I can be warned
    Smile, Smile, Smile.... Mile after Mile

Images

My boobs are so big that if I were to run naked I would end up with a busted nose and two black eyes~!

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Echo View Post
    My boobs are so big that if I were to run naked I would end up with a busted nose and two black eyes~!
    Better to counter balance your pack weight.

The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Echo View Post

ROFL

(why don't we have an emoticon for that?)
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Naked trail running, OOH watch out for brambles!

Not recommeneded for large breasted women!

I'm going to get in trouble for that!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++