WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Will a Jetboil cup work with other stoves

Local Gander Mountain has Jetboil companion cups for $22 and Raptor Stoves for $28.

Will they work together without significant problems?

Thanks
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

Images

heck yeah! the jetboil cup will work with any type of stove...it makes an alcohol stove super efficient...you can even stick that cup in a fire...
    Check out my website: www.serialhiking.com

Quote Originally Posted by Serial 07 View Post
    heck yeah! the jetboil cup will work with any type of stove...it makes an alcohol stove super efficient...you can even stick that cup in a fire...
    I'll second that. I used mine in fires for a few hundred miles on the trail... even used it on the stove at home a few times

Just make sure its steady and won't fall of the stove you plan to use. The cup doesn't have much of a base.
    ~Happiness is only real when shared~

Thanks all.

I bought the cup, but didnt get the stove (yet). I didnt think about using the stove with the cup until i was already out of the store. My plan was to buy a jetboil flash kit and have two cups. After i got in the truck i got to wondering if they would work together or if the bottom of the Jetboil cup was specifically designed for the Jetboil stove.

a little background, i want a setup that i can use for short day or overnight hiking/kayaking trips with the family. i figure one stove with two cups will give me, the Mrs and the kids a hot dinner without too much hassle, each kid will have a bowl/cup that the boiling water can be poured into, then me and the Mrs will use the 2 jetboil cups at the end.
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

++ New Posts ++