WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Osprey tallen 44

Has any body used this pack on an extended hike? I want to keep my pack weight around 30 pounds and I already use this pack for day hikes. Any information is appreciated thanks.

I bought an Osprey Talon 33 -- slightly smaller capacity than yours -- for a couple of 4-5 day A.T. hikes this summer. It is very lite-weight and comfortable and for a so-
    called "multi-day" hike held up very well despite taking its share of bumps, falls and all that. So I'm planning on using it for a month-long, or more, A.T. hike this summer.

Hike smarter, not harder.

Several guys on the Backpacker forum do. If your junk fits, why not?
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

I used from from Harper's Ferry the rest of the way to Maine. I bought it to replace an REI brand pack that had destroyed itself in the first 1000 miles. The Osprey was trouble-free, and still looks almost new. The only slight I have against it is the lack of interchangeable hipbelts: by the time I got to Maine I was bottoming out the buckles. If changing the belt out was an option I probably would have along the way. Even that's a minor complaint though - it was still comfortable to wear, but bear that in mind if your hipbelt is already a bit big on you or if you've got some weight around your middle that will likely melt away with the miles.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by squireel View Post
    Has any body used this pack on an extended hike? I want to keep my pack weight around 30 pounds and I already use this pack for day hikes. Any information is appreciated thanks.
    I used the Talon 44 on a 200 mile section. It works great if you do not need a lot of shoulder or hip padding. I really liked the design of it...outside pockets, hipbelt pockets, etc. Great pack!
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

thanks for the replys guys, i really like this pack just wanted to make sure it would hold up in the long run

I saw a thur hiker on the pct using a talon 33 or 44 on a thru, she seemed to be fine with it...

++ New Posts ++