WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

how big is room 23? is it 9x7? or 8x6? tryingto figure if i need a quart or a pint of paint to do the walls.
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    how big is room 23? is it 9x7? or 8x6? tryingto figure if i need a quart or a pint of paint to do the walls.
    Quart will do Matty.

Hey gang, I'm ‘very sorry’ I missed the Warmer and all my Billville brothers and sisters. Was under the weather big time but feeling much better now. Thanks to everyone who called to see how I was doing. Pat and Vickey thanks again for hosting us. Mary thank you for all of your hard work, please pm me and let me know if I owe you or anyone anything. I hope to see everyone sometime soon, maybe on trail, especially the northbound newbie’s, or at TD's in Damascus. Matty I'll be heading South (NC,TN, southern VA) for a week from 4/15 to 24 over school spring break. If you, or anyone wants to go along, the more the merrier.

Hey Ray, they are Lancaster County PA 'woopie pies'

Now that we have relocated, we will def be at the Warmer next year. Also talked about Trashgivings and we will def be at the ALDHA event in Oct. Miss you all. By the way, there is a ton of snow up here, what the hell??

aka -OvertheEdge- :)
    Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BAG "o" TRICKS View Post
    Quart will do Matty.

Hey gang, I'm ‘very sorry’ I missed the Warmer and all my Billville brothers and sisters. Was under the weather big time but feeling much better now. Thanks to everyone who called to see how I was doing. Pat and Vickey thanks again for hosting us. Mary thank you for all of your hard work, please pm me and let me know if I owe you or anyone anything. I hope to see everyone sometime soon, maybe on trail, especially the northbound newbie’s, or at TD's in Damascus. Matty I'll be heading South (NC,TN, southern VA) for a week from 4/15 to 24 over school spring break. If you, or anyone wants to go along, the more the merrier.

Tricks missed ya man. Hope to get more on the trail locally this year shoot you a pm on any NOBO's headed your way. Wren and Thimble are leaving at separate times. I hope they hook up as they seem to get along well. Look forward to seeing you at the Hiker Feed.
    Alcohol was involved!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    Ya want paint I'll give Ya paint let me know when and it WILL be at the Doyle waiting for you.
    Alcohol was involved!

on saturday eve i stood around a mountain top camp fire in guam with 100 drunken hash runners and go them to recite 'head' just for you.

i dream of billville and a roll of red duct tape.

Quart will do Matty.

We missed you, too, Tricks. Are you feeling better?
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Thanks, everyone, for making Thimble and I feel so welcome! Tricks, sorry I didn't get to meet you, but hopefully I'll see you at Trail Days!

Quote Originally Posted by HoorayCookies View Post
    Thanks, everyone, for making Thimble and I feel so welcome! Tricks, sorry I didn't get to meet you, but hopefully I'll see you at Trail Days!
    HoorayCookies and Thimble and any other newbie's that were at the Warmer. I hope to meet you out on the trail, and if I do, I promise some serious trail magic will come your way.
    I'm feeeling much better now and headed to the mountain cabin in mid-state PA for some R&R.

Images

Glad to hear Tricks is alive and well.
    When I finally talked to him during the Warmer after some phone tag, he sounded neither alive nor well.
    Missed him like a brother.
    What? Me worry??

I entered my first poem for the bad poetry contest. Named - SCRAPPLE!

Thank you Matty for helping me around my apartment.

Gatherings at my apartment during the preheat, warmer and Big A$$ Billville Breakfast were awesome.

Thank you to everyone who donated food and $ to make the breakfast possible.

Thanks to all who signed my 2011 register.

2011 hiking season has officially begun not only because we had our warmer but because many actually hiked during the weekend.

Work trip to Pine Grove Furnace completed these chores:
    3-4 bunk beds done at Hostel.
    Museum - floors and window sills swept. Two coats of murphys oil soap on floor. Books moved. Furniture moved. AND 7 visitors.

Handed out Museum membership submission cards at Breakfast on Sunday. Please donate.

Matty, Billville Hiker Feed is not July 4 but the weekend after - JULY 8-9. Food Preparation will start July 5 if anyone has time to come help.

Great time with Jester in the after warmer hours on Sunday evening playing pool and hanging out at the Legion.

Jester forgot to announce theme for Trail Days. According to our conversation on Sunday, it will be Hawaiian (the first Billville theme) in honor of Miss Janet's 2011 hike.

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    Work trip to Pine Grove Furnace completed these chores:
    3-4 bunk beds done at Hostel.
    Museum - floors and window sills swept. Two coats of murphys oil soap on floor. Books moved. Furniture moved. AND 7 visitors.
    Actually, we put together a dozen bunks (6 bunk beds). Just sayin'...
    Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform

Quote Originally Posted by camojack View Post
    Actually, we put together a dozen bunks (6 bunk beds). Just sayin'...
    Awesome. Thanks, Camo. My memory faltered!!

Hey Billvillians!

I'm starting my hike tomorrow! In honor of this momentous occasion, I thought you might like to re-enjoy my poem from the Bad Poetry contest.

Meditations on My Journey as I Prepare to Hike the Appalachian Trail after Visiting Billville

I'm the new kid here.
    Yes, there is a "here" here.
    (Here, that's the place where we are.)

Who would've thunk
    I'd be not too drunk
    With some strangers in an unfamiliar bar?

But it doesn't take much
    Just some hiking and such
    For some strangers to become less strange.

I've got so much advice:
    Gear, towns, food, shelter mice
    It's just spinning around in my brain.

So I'll head to the trail
    (That's a path in the woods)
    Filled with all of the knowledge I've gained.

And each day when I wake,
    I'll remember this crowd
    As I take each step closer to Maine.

-------------
    Hope to see you all at Trail Days!
    --Thimble

shes good aint she?
    matthewski

Images

good luck Lava.

Panzer

Images

If ya' need anything as your passin' thru give me a ring me or CatLady will hook ya' up.
    Alcohol was involved!

Images

Quart will do Matty.

I think you should say hi while you're in the area Oh, and Matty? You should come, too.
    Man is only half himself,
    The other half is a bright thing.
    He tumbles on by luck or grace,
    For man is ever a blind thing.

See you at trail days, Thimble. Have a great hike.

Default springer fever claims heavy toll this year

miss janet, thimble, all the freaks.......what a year to hike. reminder to those of us who have no hope of hiking, the impossible will be fine without us.
    matthewski

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
++ New Posts ++