WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Images

Dam! Cant make it this year due to bein on call for work but brother keystone will be there. Never know, maybe i can sneek down.
    "I drank what?" Socrates

While everyone will be bending elbows and enjoying the ambience of the Doyle, I'll be outdoors all weekend wallowing in the deep new snow while instructing at an AMC Mountain Safety Workshop.

Have fun.

aka -OvertheEdge- :)
    Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
    Images

Just up dated the Google spread sheet for what I can bring, for the big A$$ breakfast. Suggest you "hiker trash" plan on tossing a few bucks in the DoughNation jug. Mary takes care of hikers, hikers should take care of Mary.
    Alcohol was involved!

Images

Took the trash out and went for a long, LOOOng walk. Look forward to the Warmer. Love to see all you cats. But damn I need a hike. OH, BTW take trash out come back two hrs later the old Lady Is Pi$$ed.
    Alcohol was involved!

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by harryfred View Post
    Took the trash out and went for a long, LOOOng walk. Look forward to the Warmer. Love to see all you cats. But damn I need a hike. OH, BTW take trash out come back two hrs later the old Lady Is Pi$$ed.
    Was alcohol involved?!
    Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform

Images

I plan to come for the evening. I will be coming from my pub crawl in Selinsgrove.

Are there any updates on work projects?
    I'm not planning to go to breakfast. Will there be an opportunity to make a money or food donation on Saturday evening?

Rambler

The cakes (or loaves) are baking nicely. There's a warm glow in the apartment. To show deference to Jester's Mom, they are apple loaf cakes, or apple bread, whatever you prefer-- a lesser, understudy form of cake. See y'all tonight!

Wren

tragedy has struck! most of one loaf is down for the count, thanks to a poorly floured pan and persuasive, hungry family members. One less loaf of buttery goodness to bring with me.

Images

Still thinking, we have to be back early Sunday morning. So we would leave 5 or 6 in the morning here and then have to leave 7 or 8 at night Saturday...... to be able to make or thing-a-ma-jig on Sunday.

Registered User Caveman of Ohio's Avatar
    Images

So how was the event?

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman of Ohio View Post
    So how was the event?
    It was fun...as anticipated.
    Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform

tank wrote a poem for the bad hiker poetry contest that caused laughing injuries.
    4 pages of the most boreing ramble about nothing that had us begging for him to stop while drowning in tears of laughter. the judges stopped the poem mid 3rd page sighting saftey concerns .
    mary hit the nail on the head with the bacon exsplosions.
    pat and vicky were gracious hosts who wouldnt take my money for either room, food or drink. thank you two, i only worked for 2 days but stayed free of charge for the week!
    jester showed films and we had weirdo candy and jesters moms popcorn machine made popcorn that got raves and aclaims.
    room 23 was the after hours dive that saw crowds of hikers talking till the sun came in and said go to bed.
    thank you little one(marys daughter) for driving to philly and delivering me to the warmer. thank you tina.
    thank you panzer for a ride home and for treating for gas and tolls. needed that broski.
    thank you redneck rye for buying my art and for knowing witch ones were the best pics in 23. and thank you newb for everything.
    thank you keystone for your friendship. your a hikin buddys best bro.
    thank you susquatch for your great donatin for meats and for your helping out.
    thank you wren for the apple cake and thank you thimble for letting me live vicariously thru your hike. and for winning the poetry contest with your awsome poem and theirby not letting tank, my nemisis win.
    than you tinker for your music and good vibe.
    thank you jb for loveing us so well and being our wise old man.oxoxmatty
    thank you laces for the dressing and everything. oxoxoxmatthewski
    thank you appalachian tater for cleaning up our mess.
    thank you cammo jack and the volenteers who worked at the ironmasters hostel and the museum.
    thank you hairy fred for being you. your very well behaved and we need that.
    thank you tank for the laughter. you healed alot of stressed out hikers that night with nothing more than your heart. do that again please. we love you tank. alot.
    matthewski

Images

So how was the event?
    Pat and Miss Vicky are the best host.
    Panzer, Matty,and Camojack, repairing a back pack....Priceless
    Notice if there is a shortage of beer in Pa its because of Sasquatch and Digger.
    I wonder if Newb realises just how hilarious he is.
    Chomp is awesome
    Funky is well funky.
    Jester forgot the Twister Board.
    TrailAngelMary is the best really appreciate the time and effort for the breakfast.
    Tanks Bad poetry was sooo bad people were complaining of physical discomfort. I still want to hear the rest.
    Please do not leave Laces near any sharp objects. Particularly if she comments on you being a little squirrely.
    Welcome to Billevilles newest thoroughly corrupted residents and future thru Hikers Thimble and Wren.
    Bag-o-Tricks missed ya buddy Baltimore Jack had to handle the story telling all on his own. Hope you get better You were asked about alot.
    Starlite feel bad ya missed this one.
    YMMV
    Alcohol was involved!

thank you rambler for your voice and warmth.
    thank you baltimore jack for your kind words for paw paw and for giving our warmer the direction your words lent.
    thank you goat for letting everyone who loves and misses you have a hug and an update.
    thank you dude for being kind and generouse to me this warmer. i love you dude.
    thank you john for being a great bartender and cook.
    thank you moon
    thank you stars
    thank you tree
    goodnight duncanon, we'll be back on the 4th for the hiker feed.thank you.
    matthewski

Images

Matty ya beat me to it and did a better job that I. But Hey, You are the Great Mattewski
    Alcohol was involved!

Images

Had a great time for the few hours I was able to stop in and meet a few of you. Hopefully next year work will cooperate and I can do the weekend properly!

So how was the event?
    Thank you everyone for making me feel welcome. (That's when people go out of their way to be nice to you because you're new).

Wish I had made a copy of my poem before I handed it in. Jester, if it's possible to get me a copy, I'd appreciate it.
    --Thimble

Journal Entries

Hey all I just posted a few pics http://plixi.com/e/22143

See a few of you desperate souls at the Duncannon 24 April 15 pm at the Doyle Hotel!
    YOUTUBE: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMDkRcGP1yP20SOD-oiSGcQ
    Instagram: DIGGER_PCT_2016
    twitter: @takethisbread
    AT 2x, LT, JMT, CT, Camino, Ireland Coast to Coast, HWT, WT, NET, NST, PCT

Thank you, Sasquatch, for the Honey Badger video link. He was the imaginary mascot for the Winter Warmer .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

I wish I had more time to hang out at the Warmer, but I had to hike.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
++ New Posts ++