WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

Ok. I got Doyle fever now. Afterwards who knows what kind of fever I will have.
    I'll be rolling into Dunkooky around 6 or 7 at night on Friday. I have to work that day.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

Yeah chomp. You are awesome. This thread is now worthy of being called the winter warmer thread. Love you.

Quote Originally Posted by chomp View Post
    Seriously? I thought this was a Billville event, not some doily sewing circle. I mean I would have accepted:

-As long as you're looking for a guy, you'll find someone willing.
    -Actually, even if you're looking for a girl, you'll find someone willing.
    -Well, if by "willing" you don't mean "stable relationship" because those don't exist in Billville.
    -Be forewarned, since Billville is now aging considerably, "willing" and "able" no longer necessarily go hand in hand.
    -Many have found their way to Jester's room before, none have ever returned... the same.

Thimble - thanks for being a good sport, and in advance thanks for being an even better sport after this weekend. There may be a few more inappropriate comments like this...
    That's more like it!

Looking forward to the inappropriate comments... or the sewing circle.

I'll be rolling in between 6 and 7 Friday. See you then!
    --Thimble

Images

Yep Wrongway I'll be there I am now with in the T-12 mark for departure. A few of us morons are doing the hike thing before this shin dig gets underway officially.

Matty I sent you a PM with my # I am heading in tomorrow and will be more than glad to have company for the trip it. It has been a long time brother and will be glad to catch up with you during the drive. Give me a shout.
    Often Accused, Often Guilty but Seldom Guilty of What I am Accused.

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by chomp View Post
    Camo and Tank - I can't wait to see what you guys will be wearing.
    Just for that, I should throw you a curve...but I probably won't.
    Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    hogans heros theme song. sing it when you see panzers picture. its who he is. lmao.
    OK, I'll be Col Hogan but you have to be cpl. LeBeau.

Panzer

Images

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway_08 View Post
    Me/jess Might be heading up. Saturday only. Have to be back down MD early Sunday morning for a prior thingamagig. What all going on Saturday .... you going to be there Sasquatch?
    This says its going to be 9 degrees tonight at Peters Mountain Shelter. Can that be right???

Panzer (I need to know)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer1 View Post
    This says its going to be 9 degrees tonight at Peters Mountain Shelter. Can that be right???

Panzer (I need to know)
    I am sure it is going to be cold and it will be cold for the next few nights as IU am sure you will guess. It can also be a controlled heat at the Doyle. I have spent most of the winter working a mix of inside and outside and I for one am getting tired of the cold.
    Often Accused, Often Guilty but Seldom Guilty of What I am Accused.

Images

OK, then I bringing my sleeping bag AND a blanket. Just to be safe.

Panzer

Quote Originally Posted by Jesters Mom View Post
    Sorry to say - no apple cake this year - or raspberry cheesecake or anything else. Having my kitchen redone and it's in a shambles. I thought it might be done in time, but there have been a few problems along the way and I have no stove, refrigerator or anything else - just an empty room - no walls even. So, for this Warmer, I won't be able to bake anything. Sorry about that. I promise to make it up to everybody at the feed.
    I can make some apple cake to bring along, as long as no one minds it likely being sub-par to Jester's mom's cake.

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HoorayCookies View Post
    I can make some apple cake to bring along, as long as no one minds it likely being sub-par to Jester's mom's cake.
    Mmmm...apple cake!

Images

Default Uh-Oh

Quote Originally Posted by HoorayCookies View Post
    Waiting for the Matti flame LOL!!!
    Life is what happens while you are making other plans. John Lennon

duncannon is awsome. the scilence is like a blanket healing and comforting. woke up with that freash air slept feeling.i earned a night at marys cleaning and earned a night at the doyal cleaning, so far. worked hard and in the filth of a trillion hikers but its worth every pine sol minute to be out of loudland . today i bump up the odds a notch.i will atempt to clean where no man has cleaned before.and to earn a night,....plus a burger.i know its a dream,....but theres enough dirt and enough pine sol. it can be done. my goal is to see if jester can be made to say " the doyle smells good." nobodys tryed to get cake thru the cake barricade but the trail is ungaurded and smuglers could concevibly mule pack cake in. in other news, panzer and tinker and susquatch and the two drunk guys just left hiking. panzer will stay out tonight with some and susquatch will return tonite. two of last lyears thruhikers were here last night, one got flagged for being weird. they just left. lets see, what else....marys asleap....im just waiting to get pine sol from the sleeping doyalestas.
    matthewski

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by WalkinHome View Post
    Waiting for the Matti flame LOL!!!
    Apparently Matt will be hiking into Duncannon with Panzer, etc.

Bless their hearts, every one; I certainly don't like sleeping out in the cold, they can have that...

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Exclamation

duncannon is awsome. the scilence is like a blanket healing and comforting. woke up with that freash air slept feeling.i earned a night at marys cleaning and earned a night at the doyal cleaning, so far. worked hard and in the filth of a trillion hikers but its worth every pine sol minute to be out of loudland . today i bump up the odds a notch.i will atempt to clean where no man has cleaned before.and to earn a night,....plus a burger.i know its a dream,....but theres enough dirt and enough pine sol. it can be done. my goal is to see if jester can be made to say " the doyle smells good." nobodys tryed to get cake thru the cake barricade but the trail is ungaurded and smuglers could concevibly mule pack cake in. in other news, panzer and tinker and susquatch and the two drunk guys just left hiking. panzer will stay out tonight with some and susquatch will return tonite. two of last lyears thruhikers were here last night, one got flagged for being weird. they just left. lets see, what else....marys asleap....im just waiting to get pine sol from the sleeping doyalestas.
    So...I posted that last one a moment too soon; apparently Matt bailed on hiking in the cold. Not that I blame him one iota...

made a camp panzer sign for panzer with tanks fireing on a red blaze. he likes it. he wants me to draw vines on two light switches he brought with him. duh. sorry mrs panzer,...dont wanna. mary made two closets into two bunkrooms. im hanging a hammok in one and theres a cot in another. i slept in marys closet shirts will be sold with the i slept with miss janet ones. it was actualy quite cozy.
    matthewski

i bailed cause i got work id rather do. its very theroputic. woosefase.oxoxoxmatty
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by Jesters Mom View Post
    Sorry to say - no apple cake this year - or raspberry cheesecake or anything else. Having my kitchen redone and it's in a shambles. I thought it might be done in time, but there have been a few problems along the way and I have no stove, refrigerator or anything else - just an empty room - no walls even. So, for this Warmer, I won't be able to bake anything. Sorry about that. I promise to make it up to everybody at the feed.
    This is very sad news indeed Pat, however, the new kitchen I'm sure will be a blessing. Not to worry though, I heard Redneck will be baking his famous trail pizza for everyone

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Wink

i bailed cause i got work id rather do.
    Any excuse in a storm...especially one with cold precipitation.

Like the one in the forecast...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Heading outta Dodge in 48 hours.......can't wait! Of course, next two days will not be a lot of fun, the cabin looks like Berlin after the bombardment. Funny thing about doing a really thorough house cleaning (more like an annual one), you always find all manner of things you hadn't seen in many months and never really expected to see again.....mail, bills, overdue library books, sandwiches, etc. What isn't going into storage is going into the fire, it's time to get ruthless. In any case, hope to see many of you for dinner in Duncannon on Friday, be careful on the road.
    Sort of like cleaning out a rental vehicle after a bunch of hikers have been in and out of it all weekend.., huh?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
++ New Posts ++