WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Ti-Eye & Corkscrew Titanium Stakes By Mountainfitter.com

http://www.mountainfitter.com/

Last night I came across some new Ti stakes that will be offered through Mountainfitter.com called the Ti-Eye and the Corkscrew. They are supposed to be offered through his site today but they are not posted on there yet. Maybe they will be later today. Anyway, they look like they will be some great alternatives to the tent stakes that usually come with tents, so if you are looking to replace them maybe these will be a great way to go.

Since there is not any info on Mountainfitter.com yet, you can read about them and see them on a recent post on my blog:

Ti-Eye & Corkscrew Titanium Stakes
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

Interesting, but I think you'd need a spare stake to screw the corkscrews in with. Once you get one in it would probably have a ton more holding power than a ti skewer stake, though. The orange coating is a plus. I lost a ti stake once when I went to step on it, a gust of wind hit my tarp and it got "sling shotted" (any such word?) across the clearing and into a thicket.
    For now I'll stick with my MSR Groundhogs until someone else tests those corkscrews.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Yea, I love my groundhogs. Hate the weight carrying 12 of them though. From what he says, the corkscrews are for soft ground and the Ti-Eyes are for harder ground. I wouldn't mind getting a half dozen of each. I would used the Ti-Eyes at each corner and on the ridgelines and then the corkscrews around the edges and off the center tie outs on my tarp.
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

++ New Posts ++