WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Registered User Different Socks's Avatar
    Images

Default Adding lemon pepper to foods?

Does anyone have recipes that use lemon pepper? I was given 3 bottles of the stuff.

Images

Really nice on baked fish or chicken. It's also used on Tofu.

lemon pepper is for chicken.lemon pepper is for fish. lemon pepper is for nothing else. not a single other dish. lemon peppers brother , pepper pepper is however, good on many more things than his brother.
    matthewski

Images

be careful with using it, experiment with it at first. its probably the strongest, most easy to overpower seasoning there is. it does work well as JC said, with lean meats such as fish and chicken, as well as rice, couscous, some veggies, etc. just go easy with it at first. you can always add more but with lemon pepper theres a very fine line between good eats and good smelling garbage bags.
    I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.

Images

matthewski, dont forget their half brother, Sgt. Pepper. He's pretty versatile as well
    I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.

I love lemon pepper. You can add it to nearly any rice, pasta or potatoes you'd bring on the trail.

Registered User Different Socks's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by maybe clem View Post
    I love lemon pepper. You can add it to nearly any rice, pasta or potatoes you'd bring on the trail.
    How much do you use? Just a pinch?

you can use a good bit on a dish it really goes with but it definatly is the spice mose easily misused. it instantly ruins anything it dosnt belong with. kinda like lemon .add it to bean chili? ruined. put it on peas? putrid. but on lemon chicken allready drenched in lemon juice, you can put alot on. or potatoes.
    matthewski

Images

Dried sweet basil must be used carefully or the dish will taste awful with no room for recovery. That to me is the easiest herb or seasoning that can be misused. Lemon pepper goes well with lots of dishes. Just use your common sense and possibly try some on several different foods before you hit the trail.
    Spike seasoning (available at Health Food stores) is a great seasoning for all foods and is my go to seasoning when I hike. I also carry granulated garlic.

Lemon pepper is even good with Alfredo and other creamy sauces. Sprinkle it on before eating, not while cooking.

Steamed broccoli, a touch of butter, and a sprinkle of lemon pepper = good eating.

And I agree with fehchet - basil is very easy to overdo, especially in a non-tomato dish.

A pinch is always good. You can always add more but you cannot take it back out. The other night I dumped a ton of dry oregano in a dish. Yuck...it was so gross even though I was able to scoop out most of it. All I can think is that the oils released all their scent into the dish before I got it out.
    Trail Cooking/FBC, Recipes, Gear and Beyond:
    Trail Cooking

Lemon Pepper

How about a simple dish of instant rice and veggies with chicken, tuna or salmon pouch added. Start with a pinch and work up from there.

hmmm... must experiment now...

++ New Posts ++