WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Talking Powdered Drink Mix

Looking for a powdered drink mix to supply both Calcium and Vitamin C on a thru. Something low on sugar and sodium and not real heavy on other vitamins and minerals. Just want the Calcium and Vitamin C. Vitamin C's not stable to heat so the drink mix would be for cold drinks or added to cold breakfast cereal. Any ideas?

Images

Tang is my favorite. Plenty of what you're looking for. Developed by NASA for astronauts.

Images

Not exactly what you looked for but, for your consideration anyhow. I was concerned about protein along with several trace minerals as my meds have the effect of flushing out some of my essential electrolites. I chose GNC amplified muscle meal. A pouch throughout the day yeilds, among other things. 55% calcium, 25% vita C, 25% magnesium, 30% sodium and best of all 50gm of protein. and only 5 gm of sugar. mixed it in water to drink, in with the oatmeal, and yes I made some chocolate flavored mashed potatoes to finish up the pouch at the end of the day. There are certainly other powders to mix. I'm open to suggestions as this is kind of heavy.

Images

uuummmm that should have been 15% of sodium

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cross View Post
    Tang is my favorite. Plenty of what you're looking for. Developed by NASA for astronauts.
    Tang orange flavored sugarless is close to what Im looking for. Its 100% RDA Vitamin C, no sugar, low salt, and doesnt contain alot of other stuff Im not looking for. However its only 2% RDA Calcium. If there's nothing else I could use it for the Vitamin C and powdered milk for the Calcium. Just thought maybe I could find one thing that has both. Maybe its better I dont since Calcium is heat stable and could be added to hot stuff.

Images

May want to take a look at Emergen-C, below is some info from livestrong.com

Overview
    Emergen-C is a dietary supplement primarily known for its large amounts of vitamin C. The makers of Emergen-C assert that the water soluble power "supports your immune system, increases your metabolic function, and enhances your energy level." Despite its small serving size, Emergen-C is loaded with antioxidants, electrolytes and vitamins, relative to your suggested daily value.
    Calories and Carbohydrates
    Emergen-C's Super Orange flavored dietary supplement has a suggested serving size of one packet to be mixed with 4 to 6 oz. of water. In this serving size, which is 8.6 g total, Emergen-C has 25 calories and 6 g of carbohydrates. Of these 6 g of carbohydrates, sugars account for 5 g. This means more than 58 percent of the serving size is sugar. The 6 g of carbohydrates account for 2 percent of your daily value, as based on a 2,000-calorie diet.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/27...#ixzz1C5A8klyU
    T-Shirts for hikers: www.trailthread.com

Hike smarter, not harder.

I don't like flavored drink mix, so I just take an S!Cap pill from Succeed.
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

Journal Entries
    Images

Emergen-C Lite has the Vitamin C mix Im looking for without the sugar. Anybody use Breakfast Essentails for the Calcium?

Quote Originally Posted by garbanz View Post
    Emergen-C Lite has the Vitamin C mix Im looking for without the sugar. Anybody use Breakfast Essentails for the Calcium?
    +2 Emergen-C. To be a gram counting freak, you can buy the Lite version which is almost half the weight. So almost nothing
    "May the Road Rise to Meet You"- The Wolfe Tones

take a calcium citrate pill. Big bottle $5 wally world

Journal Entries
    Images

Don't forget Mortar & Pestal, vacume seal small bags add to Jello to hide flavor.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

++ New Posts ++